It all starts today

" Mira , have you checked your luggage ?" Mom asked , running around my room , to inspect if anything is left behind. 

This is inspection number three. 

"Yes  Mom," I shook my head , trying to type out an Email before Mom decided to make me recite the events in chronological order once again. 

" Mira beta , did you ensure that all the stuff has safely reached the hotel? " 

" Three days ago , Mom. " I didn't remove my gaze from the screen , " And the rest of my things have also reached Malhotra Mansion and the other house , too."  

" How can you be so tranquil , huh?" Mom sat beside me , " We're leaving for Udaipur tomorrow!!" 

" I know Mom. " I kept my head on her shoulder , " That's why I want to complete my work before taking my long vacay." 

" Excuses , " Mom rolled her eyes , " When my marriage was going on , I was dizzy with excitement.'

" Were you?" I raised my eyebrows. 

" Well , mostly. " 

I chuckled and shut my laptop. 

" Anyway , wait till we reach Udaipur. You'll be nervous once we land. " Mom smiled at that thought , and left the room.

Here's the thing wrong in Mom's statement :  I was not tranquil , on the outside I was pretending  , but  in my mind  there was huge turmoil of everything- expectations , emotions , excitement , fear  and whatnot. 

I swear I can't sleep today.

Next morning , bright and early  Mom woke up everyone

Next morning , bright and early  Mom woke up everyone. I was one of the firsts to drag my sleepy self downstairs . Geeta Aunty , after a huge best if luck !!! gave me a cup of coffee. 

" Jaldi karo , Behl Sahab!!" Mom hollered from her room .

" Samaira Behl , you better be ready!!" She yelled from the stairs. 

Who gave Mom a whole packet of Gucon-D to drink this early ?

" Mira Behl!!" Mom stormed towards me. Here goes my plan of dozing off on the kitchen counter. 

You can't blame me , okay? 

It's three in the morning!!

" Mom, two minutes more, " I mumbled. 

" Mira beta , my darling daughter," Mom cooed as she stroked my hair , " Don't make us late for the flight to your wedding." 

I shook my head , and snuggled on the hard kitchen counter. 

" Wake up!! " Mom shouted , " Am I the only person under this roof whose concerned about missing the flight??"

Eventually , I did wake up , take a shower ( after laughing to myself once ) and dress up into a casual blue anarkali suit that screamed ' sanskari' . Or so Mom says.