My LOVELY family

Viyaan POV

They think they have fooled me.

I smirk at the file I was reading. 

When we came back from Behl's , Biji was overly eager to get all the juicy details. She couldn't go because she had a back pain just this morning. She really wanted to , but I and Dad put the 'We'll stay with you and not go either' card so she had relented.

And now everybody was leisurely discussing the morning's occurrences. I eyed Adhya who was cuddling next to Biji , eating the laddoos , that were made especially made for her.

Biji never makes them for anybody , unless she wants some obligation , in return.

" She even got up to help her mother out." Ma says , proudly.

Biji looks impressed , and mumbles something about , Sanskari ( Etiquettes) .

Sanskar? Did they miss out the venomous glare she was giving her mother as she went with her? When Mira first saw us  , I knew from the shock of her face that she didn't know about our arrival .

 Mrs Behl distributed had the Khara Prasad , so I figured  they just came from gurudwara. Poor , Mira , Behl. She isn't as smart as she thought she was.

And neither are the scheming ladies of the Malhotra family. 

By bribing Adhya to fall on Mira so she crashes to me and we have this stupid Bollywood moment , what was their motive , huh?

And that , will you be my Mami?  thing, too. I am waiting for the perfect moment to wound their ego and pour salt over it.

" Vinnu!" Biji calls out.

I close the file and sit next to her.  I have  handled all sorts of cunning, vicious , opportunist people , but none of them play their cards so convincingly as Biji. She should have gone to politics . Nothing could have stopped her from sitting on the PM seat.  

" How was the girl , then?" Biji  wiggles her eyebrows. I steal away a laddoo from Adhya and answer , indifferently , " OK."

" OK!? " Ma shrieked . If you look closely you might just see the smoke coming from her ears.

" After all this effort , that's what you say!?" she continued. 

Just a little more, Ma. 

" I told you this wouldn't work." Ma says , defeated . Saanvi Di glowers at me , too.

" After what effort?" I smirk , " Using  Adhya  to collide Mira  with me...or making her say that." 

The way there previously dramatic faces were consumed with fury and mild shock , was laughable. Dad 's laughter echoes from the corner , but one growl from Ma shuts him up.

What gave them away? 

When an unexpected thing like that happens , people 's faces usually show shock , not  obvious glee and satisfaction of a job well done. They should have tried harder in acting.

" So what?" Biji gritted her teeth , " We thought we'll give you some extra motivation."

I shrug and say , " Whatever you say." They were caught in their own trap. Dying fishes still put some flailing effort. 

" Give me one  reason why she's not the one ." Saanvi Di demanded.

Racking my brain , I open my mouth to answer. Except I don't find anything. My mind is as empty as space. This not me . My cryptic mind is always churning up new ideas.

  The reasons I used earlier cannot be given for her.

She's not overly sweet , nor does she gushes every few seconds.