Perfect Holiday Part II

Mira POV

" I don't know why you are so hell bent on going on river rafting." Amara rolled her eyes. 

" YOLO, " Neil shrugged. 

Viyaan and I ignored them and our hands were intertwined beneath the seat. It's been three whole days since we were in Shimla , and although Neil and Amara were entertaining on usual days , I was too preoccupied thinking about what happened this morning to find them funny.

" Are you still thinking about that-" Viyaan whispered and I spluttered my coffee.

" No I am not , " I stomped on his foot to put the point. 

" But that shower was-"

" Shut. Up." 

Someone cleared his throat and Neil and Amara were looking painfully at us. 

" I get that you guys are newly weds , but , " Neil pouted , " I'm running  to the hills now. " 

Amara blushed and went away  , and I watch them sit out in the gorgeous verandah attached to the restaurant. 

" See , that's how to  deal with bickering couples, " Viyaan chuckled and nuzzled my neck. 

" You're insufferable , " I bemoaned. 

Viyaan is Viyaan: once you give him an inch , he claims the whole country for himself. There is nothing that you can do to stop him. 

" Anyway , today is the last day we have , " Viyaan sighed , " Do you have anymore shopping to do?" I knew he was thinking about the extra huge bags of cashmeres and souveniors I had stuffed into our bags.

" I only did meagre shopping , you know , " I poked his hand that was lazily curled around my shoulder , " Why don't we give Neil and Amara a treat before we go? "

" I am not a generous person , " Viyaan shrugged , " And I have not yet forgiven that buffoon either."

" Well , he's coming to Delhi in a month , " I observed , " And Biji will most likely force you to forgive him then . Why don't you do it on your own accord , right now?" 

" Good offer , but no, " Viyaan shook his head.

" Please?" I flutter my eyelashes for the effect.

" Well , if you're willing to trade it for-"

" Ugh  , " I stand up and leave him.

" Nasty man, " I mumbled.

" Nasty or not , I'm all yours." Viyaan followed me.

Shameless, too.

We ended up doing nothing on our last day , but I was with Viyaan , and with him every nothing moment becomes alive. Maybe that's how it is , the equation of love. 

Person you love = Perfect .

Three months later

Viyaan POV

" Good Afternoon  , everyone  , " I nodded , " We're here to discuss our annual turnovers , with respect to the financial years 2019-2020. This year was-"

My phone rang. It could only be Mira Behl. Something must have been terribly wrong if she bothered me at a meeting. I gesture a subordinate to take over and excuse myself. 

" Mira ,what's wrong-" 

" Vinnu puttar , " Biji said , her tone heavy , " Tu jaldi se hospital aa ja." 

" Biji kya hua?" I was scared , " Mira toh theek hai na?"

" Tu aa raha hai ya nahi?" 

" Par apke pas Mira ka phone kyu hai?" I demanded , taking my keys and rushing to the parking.