The gravity of falling in ...

Viyaan POV

 It has been exactly ten hours , ten minutes  , and some second since I have reached this life altering revelation. But now that I have finally concluded that I am in love with Mira Behl , that word keeps repeating on and on in my usually focussed mind. 

Anyway , today is our Haldi ceremony , and I am still suffering from restlessness and sleep deprivation. But thankfully , yesterday was the bachelorette and I am somewhat expected to put up this appearance , so yeah , that part is sorted. What is not sorted , is that I am longing to see Mira Behl and breakfast is almost over , yet she's a no show. 

" Dude," Reyansh groaned , stuffing pastries into his mouth , " I'm so dead..." 

I don't see why she can turn up in the morning. 

" I think I 'll skip your haldi..." 

Mira Behl might need eons of time to get ready , I told myself. It's not like she needs it , because she looks gorgeous anyway...

"Viyaan !! " Reyansh waved his hand in front of me , " Talking to you , Viyaan!!" 

" Leave it be , Reyansh . He's getting married  , no? Bros are old news  when the Bhabi comes." Daksh smirked.

I can't believe this !!

" I am getting a pastry." I stood up to leave. It's one thing when you subconsciously love a person , and another when you realise you do. You actually start craving that person , I'm telling you. I exploit the breakfast pastry display absentmindedly. 

" Wow , are you on sugar withdrawals  , Viyaan?" Saanvi di looks at me distastefully

" Wow , are you on sugar withdrawals  , Viyaan?" Saanvi di looks at me distastefully. I slip her favourite raspberry Danish into her plate and sigh. 

" Oh , I get it !!" Saanvi di chuckled , " Wedding jitters ! Offo , Viyaan , it's only normal that you are nervous before your wedding. Why take it out on poor breakfast ?" 

I am speechless. Since when , me , the Viyaan Malhotra started getting nervous , huh? I aced my Harvard degree without the slightest of inhibitions , and manage two companies at the same time , Okay? It's just that Mira Behl is nowhere to be found and I really wanted to meet her once before the ..

" Sanu -" Mom waltzed between us , " Don't think Viyaan is acting strange lately?"

" Arey , " Saanvi di nudged me , " He's getting married , Ma. That's got to take it's toll ." 

This was exactly what I needed in my life . Getting teased by them. 

I ignore their giggles , and go back to my room , to get ready. Haldi is going to be messy , but I suppose I can endure it for some time. It's just , non-orderly things drive in the urge in me  to set them right. But wiping my face every time someone applies haldi is not an option , so forget it.

I wear a plain white kurta , and am called out by Adhya , whose jumping up and down , seemingly excited to stain everything with haldi. She tugs me along to where everyone is seated at , everyone but Mira Behl , that is.