The Hell has broken loose

Everything has messed up!

My hopes and aspirations just went into the gutter !

And , sadly there is nothing I can do , now.

Viyaan Malhotra !

You . Are. So. DEAD!!!

A little while ago:

Wait?!

WHAT!?

When did I...?

Mom rushed to embrace me , and I was engulfed by her bear hug.

" So happy...finally..." she said between tears..

Me? I was still as stone . My mind was racing miles per hour , and everything seemed to be numb. I could've fainted from shock if not for the anger that was coursing through my veins.

" Mira ?" she clicked her fingers in front of me.

I blinked and came to my senses.

" Mom , t-there seems to b-be some-" I spluttered.

" Behle!"

" Malhotre!!"

Dad and Mr Malhotra embraced each other enthusiastically , and the onlookers glanced at them , confused as to the reason for this sudden gush of affection.

" We'll be samdhi* , now !" Mr Malhotra declared . They looked like they might just explode in excitement. I clench my fists and turn towards Viyaan.

What has he done?!

Why the hell do they think we're getting married?

Unless....

I gasp as realization hits me like pile of rocks. He didn't refuse. And he made sure that my parents believed that I didn't, too.

What type of sick person does that ?!

" Mira , beta." Mrs Malhotra clutched my hands and smiled in pure joy , " I can't tell you how delighted I am! "

I nodded fervently . Speech seems to have abandoned me. My head starts feeling dizzy with all this emotional onslaught and confusion.

I can still rectify this!

As I opened my mouth to speak , Biji says loudly from where she was sitting , " Neeresh! Aaj hi sagai di baat sabko bata dete hain!"  ( Let's tell everyone about their engagement right now !)

And the next thing I know ,Mr and  Mrs Malhotra are on the stage in front of us , holding a mike.

" Miraaa!" Saanvi di brings out a plate of sweets , pushing one into  my mouth , " Viyaan , aa na!"

I swallowed it , and dubiously looked at them.

" Hello , everyone!" Mr Malhotra  said , smiling  , " The Malhotra family extends its warm welcome to all of you! This Gala dinner , is although for a charitable cause ,but  I take this opportunity to share a great news!"

Viyaan came to stand with me , and I said under my breath , " Why the hell did you do this?"

He ignored me , and slipped his arm around my waist , loosely.

Did he do this to satisfy his ego?

Does he not know that he and I are poles apart?

Me: Independent , determined, stubborn and happy go lucky.

Him? He is a bipolar , domineering , frigid , egoistic jerk.

Put us together as ingredients and ,marriage as spice , and voila! the perfect recipe of disaster.