A Thousand Times Again

Mira POV 

Everything was going on quite fast , the preparations of the groundbreaking ceremony ,  endless discussions - keeping Viyaan relatively busy . Not , that I minded , but seeing him constantly attached to the phone is an irking sight. Thank God it will be over today. Or I might just "accidentally " drop it in a drain or something.

" Ready?" Viyaan pokes his head.

" Ya think?" I grinned . Thankfully , it wasn't an Indian festival with the austere dressing code of a sari (or as I call it , 9 yards of hell) and it wasn't at night , so I felt free to choose something that is Western and of course , comfy. 

Viyaan shrugged and left me

Viyaan shrugged and left me.  I tried not to feel awkward or irritated.

" You know , " I cleared my throat , " This is the part where you compliment me . Like an ideal  husband." 

Viyaan smirks , " Does a beautiful woman like you need my verbal admiration?" 

"......"

I give him a mock salute and grab my purse.  I think there 's some system error in Viyaan's brain. He just has to be unpredictable. Oh , well. I'm just going with the flow. I quickly travelled downstairs and taking ample opportunity of the fact , that he was busy attending a call , I rushed to the small cabinet that has my car keys.  

" Why?"

I jumped and turned to look at Viyaan , almost feeling guilty. I was trying to be sneaky , but it didn't work out that well. 

" Um ," I blinked , " Why as in what?" 

" Why, " he deadpanned , " Are you searching for your car keys?" 

I could feel silent shivers running down my back , but after a moment , I replied , " Because I am representing the Behl and Co at the ceremony , and for the sake of .." 

" Save it." Viyaan crossed his arms and gave me an intense , smoldering look. 

" I can also ..." I felt overly regretful in trying to dampen his mood , " carpool with you. Save fuel , save earth!!" I punched the air with fake enthusiasm. 

He cocks his head and keeps staring.

" We're getting late." I ended up dragging him to his car. 

" Mira , " he said as soon as we settled down  , " Aren't you forgetting something?" 

I wondered what came into his mind now.

" I did ..lock the door?" I pointed out , surveying what FM channel to choose. 

Viyaan raised his eyebrows and gave me an incredulous look.

" I meant , a kiss. You know for , good luck?" Viyaan leaned towards me.

" Isn't my presence , lucky enough?" I joked , pecking his cheek. OK , maybe I like doing this more than I'd like to admit. Besides , Viyaan always smells so fresh and inviting.