Sorry as I am ...

Mira POV

" Ma'am is this OK , for you?" 

I blink , shake away those thoughts which will anyway creep back in , and concentrate on Kirti. It hows it all has been since morning , and my brain is such a wreck - all thanks to my exceedingly beloved husband. 

" Um , yeah." I nodded , not caring about that rec room. I just can't bother about anything but the fact that not only has he kissed me , it has severed all the cordiality and previous harmony we had. 

And to think , I was starting accept this new phase of life , before it all shatters so completely , that I have nothing more to say or admit .

" Ma'am , do you need a cup of coffee?" Kirti looked at me , concerned . I think it's her life's mission to care for everybody. As much as I don't want to , I nod. 

A cup of coffee is good. That and a couple of Metallica or Bebe Rexa songs. Between there wailing , I'll drown my own misery. 

My phone rang. Better not be him....

" Mira beta ?" Mom said , an unspoken question in her voice.

" Ma?" I exclaim , " What'd you call me for?" 

" Ah-h. Just because you've been wedded , does it mean that I won't check upon you? Your Dad's luckier , he sees you everyday. But me , your miserable Mom , what I am to do ? I can only call you ,  can  I not ?" 

" Oh , Mom , " I groan , massaging my temples , " My lovely Mom , I'm in office and -"

" Come back home for sometime. Ten minutes if you will." 

" Ma-"

" Mira-"

Ugh. " Fine , " I relented. 

" Will be waiting !" Mom chirped , " I've made your favorite cheesecake!!"

Well , the first good thing since this eccentrically zany morning. I can't , I still can't  believe , the kiss I had so meticulously saved all throughout the school and college , my utter pride of twenty four years , went ...just like that. 

And Viyaan ? What the hell was he thinking? 

That  he can pacify me with just a kiss? OK , that came out wrong . What I meant was...that you can't kiss someone to shut them up. Probably Viyaan lost some screws trying to jump out of the window. 

Nonetheless , that was my first  kiss!!

I might not be the knight in shining armour kind of girl , but I had some expectations for it , OK?

And even if it had to be from Viyaan , it feels nothing but awkward and bizarre. 

Viyaan POV 

I usually never admit this , but this time I have messed up. And bad. 

I wonder if Mira would ever look at me again. 

" Viyaan.." 

Why is the world is love so confusing?

" Viyaan , are you there?" 

Maybe I should -

" Viyaan ?!" 

Dad's semi annoyed voice broke my train of thoughts. And I suddenly reacted to the fact that he was standing right in front of me , arms crossed in front of his chest. 

" Ahem , " I clear my throat . This cannot go on like this. 

" Is everything alright? Cause you know , " Dad frowned .