Sweet sweet revenge

" I would like to meet , Mr Viyaan Malhotra ." I tell the receptionist .

Malhotra and Co building was extravagantly made , it was a huge structure of glass and metal ,  standing out from all the other buildings in that area. Even the interiors were tasteful and rich , and since I could come only in the lunch hour , the lobby was devoid of any people.

The receptionist looks up indifferently and types something on the computer. I patiently wait , observing some of the lobby decor. This place is nicely designed. Compared to this our company's simple style is a bit bland. 

Maybe I should convince Dad to get a renovation

" You're still here?" the receptionists drawls , giving me an irritated eye.

What the hell...?

" I said , " I cleared my throat , " That I want to meet him."

" Do you have an appointment?" she pointed out. The smoldering glare she gave me reminded me of Pia's reaction when she saw a cockroach. ( Before she smacked it with her sandal , that is)

Frowning , I stand up a bit straighter , " Call him now and tell him that Mira Behl from Behl and Co is here." 

She seemed to be deciding against it , but I slapped my hand on her table and sneered , " Now."

Her hand flung out to a telecom and she asks , nervously , " And whom you might be to him..?"

" His fiance." I mumbled.

The receptionist paled and hurriedly dials a number  without  looking at me. After a moment or two , she says , " Hello sir."

Her voice is meeker than it was before. I could almost hear Viyaan's irritated , what is it?

" Sir , your fiance is here at the lobby....yes sir ....OK."

She kept the intercom , and pursing her lips , looked up at me.

" This way , Ma'am."

From the lobby , she directed me to an elevator , and herself pressed the floor button. I slightly exhale and ready myself for the battle. 

You can do this Mira!!

Some part of me wasn't  so sure, What if I mess it up?

Then the worst that can happen is the very result you want!! Remember?!

I stared at myself at the reflective walls of the elevator. I can do this! I'll show Viyaan whose the boss!!

Just when I was doing my fist into the air gesture , the elevator opened. Luckily , there was no one on this floor. In fact , to be precise , there was nothing here. Just a few plain walls with artistic paintings , all  lined up one after another. I look around dubiously , until I find a set of oak double doors.