Viyaan and his promises Part II

We promenade through the crowd in a pre-determined path , me smiling graciously. All around us our family , friends , and people who we love , and who love us. 

We sit down on our table , and for the band that was in front of us to perform . I don't know who Mom called , but I heard they are from Mumbai . 

" Mira .." Viyaan says under his breathe .

I turn towards him , and he leans and whispers into my ear , " Did you really think I was a no show?" 

I blink and looked around the hundreds of eyes on us. Viyaan Malhotra has no SHAME !!

" No, " I say cuttingly , "  I -I believed you will come , but then time was less and I was getting anxious..." he's close , too close...

" Shh. I get it." he chuckled , pointing to the people onstage , " They're starting." 

Under the table , our hands were intertwined together  , and I was getting more conscious of this intimacy : holding hands is like the first stage of falling in love. And as much as I don't know if love is true or not , despite my past confessions of wanting to , I just don't know what to call this. Love? Convenience ? Dutifulness ?

Then they started playing , such soft slow music , that my soul started quiver and I as soon lost in the music. Its 's beautiful ,the  music , I mean. Music and Love , are the only two things that make our souls feel alive. OK , maybe food  , too. 

" They're good," I say , bobbing my head  to the rhythm , and Viyaan nods , readily , " Very beautiful."

" This one , " the lead singer says , " Is  for the newlyweds' first dance."

And I am pulled up , Viyaan still grinning , and we are soon swaying to the early beats of the slow mellifluous song. 

Kivein mukhde ton nazran hatawan
Nai tera jeya hor disda

Maybe the music was magic , or maybe it's how it is when I dance with Viyaan , everything melts until it's just him , just Viyaan ,  his twinkling  eyes and his charming smile. 

Viyaan POV 

Viyaan POV 

After a great evening of music and dancing and getting congratulated by people , we were ready to retire. I was drop dead tired , and almost fell asleep on one of the couches in the Reception Hall  , while Dad talked to my Father-in-law.

Good  thing Mira Behl-Malhotra  , is whisked away by her friends  , and she doesn't have to worry about my haggard self. I massage my forehead , barely awake. Last forty eight hours have been a version of hell that I cannot describe : the endless meetings , the constant pressure of hurrying everything up and doing it right , and my heartache of being away from Mira . I don't think I can sleep well without her next to me.