Here I thought I knew you

It's not more than sixteen days left for the D-day.

The only thing I was concerned about was Viyaan dropping me during our Sangit , and a little about the Mehendi ( that is  a story for another time) , but there was something much bigger at the back of my mind.

 Since ours was a Destination Wedding , Mom and Mrs Malhotra (  yes,  I have been urged to call her 'Ma' or ' Mom' , but I think I'm gonna wait till the wedding ) have a lot to work on . Anyway we're leaving for Udaipur  on 11 th of this month , which is going to be ten days before the actual wedding. 

Let me a thing or two about being the Indian bride :

1.) First of all , there is so much going on at once . You need to choose your lehenga , then you need to match the jewelery , and if your Mom isn't convinced , you are also hurried to the nearest Tanishq showroom. And don't get me started on the shoes and accessories. 

2.) Second of all , everybody is emotional and sentimental  .   I just reminded Mom that she should remember to staple her medical bills after I'm gone , and she literally cried for an hour straight , murmuring how much she will miss me. 

3.) Some < insert any cuss word here> people practically eat your ear of by teasing you.  Awe , you're going to married , we want three nephews and two nieces ( one for each of us!!) BTW. All I think about at that time is , every dog has his day. So just you wait , BFFs , Sam and Chirag. 

And last if not the least , you get increasingly awkward around the man you are marrying to. 

Seriously , every time  Viyaan and I are in the same room- business growth  meetings , dance practices , or the occasional visits to either of our houses , my mind practically blanks out. His stiffness doesn't help at all. The only time he changes his expression is to glare holes at Karan .

" Mira di!! Mira di!!" Sam panted coming to me. 

I stuffed some of the fries I was eating and look dubiously at her.

" Jiju 's downstairs , waiting for you!!" 

I raise my eyebrows and mumble my dismay. Shifting the plate to Sam , I brush off the crumbs and stealthily go downstairs.  There he was , chatting with my Mum. 

"Hey." I  tried to smile. 

" Hi. Get ready. " Viyaan crossed his hands and his eyes twinkled , " We're going out." 

That of course , caused my Mom to excitedly add , " You should not meet up often before the marriage." 

Right , the hypocrisy of this society is appalling. But I sighed a little before going to my room. Viyaan and I have had zero to null dates as of now , so I know it must be his Mom pestering him to do it. Or Biji. 

Either way , I am required to " get ready". How can   a woman get ready immediately in such a short time ? And he didn't even tell me where we're going.

So I chose a casual outfit and just pulled my hair into normal hair-do.