The Perfect Holiday

Mira POV

" Nervous?" Viyaan laughed into my ear.

" You. Wish." I muttered into my breath. Neither of us were that convinced of my lying , and I was pretty nervous. 

" Well , don't you have work to do?" I reminded him , looking out of the window. We were in the car to whatever hotel Viyaan had booked. Viyaan drove on the twisting roads as if he has long memorized them.

" You come here often?" I ask , finally.

" I have a cousin." Viyaan smiled , " We 'll probably be meeting him. If  he ever admits his wrongs , that is." 

There we go.

" Wrongs?" I chuckle. 

" I am telling you , the East can meet the West , but he won't admit his fault. " 

I laughed as soon as he completed, " Are you being a drama queen?" 

" Me?" Viyaan looked at me incredulously," I will never forgive him for not turning up in our wedding." 

" Well , " I shrug , " There must be some reason..?" 

" He said he was stuck at some mountain." Viyaan said, unhappily .

I snicker and note that this cousin of his was too eccentric. I was now excited to meet him. 

" Are we there yet?" I look around , seeing the never ending forests given to a small clearing.

" Yes." Viyaan smirked , as the car stopped.

" Welcome to our official Holiday destination , Mrs Behl-Malhotra."

I shivered a little as I climb out . The hotel was like a huge British Castle , and I even though knew Viyaan 's practicality doesn't apply to where he stays , this place was sheer luxury.

 The hotel was like a huge British Castle , and I even though knew Viyaan 's practicality doesn't apply to where he stays , this place was sheer luxury

" Come in , you'll get cold," Viyaan started dragging me in. It was Viyaan who had work in Solan today , so he hurriedly dressed up and I pitied him. When he was about to leave , he turned.

" Not a single kiss?" he smirked , and leaned down. I dodged him in surprise and he catches me by the waist.

" You're getting late , " I reminded him , feeling my face go warm.

" It is undeniable , but I really want a kiss."

Before I knew it , his lips were on mine. It was gentle and sweet , and lasted only for a second. I was practically trembling in his arms , and he left me in a daze. 

" Wait for me," he whispered into my ear.

Once he was gone , I had nothing to do , so I pulled up a few tourist manuals and decided to give Shimla a visit. Besides , it's so huge that Viyaan and I can always explore a lot of it ,together. I quickly dressed up , and went out in a taxi.