Mira the Miraculous one

Viyaan POV

" Viyaan , how's the house building going?" Dad inquires when we all sit down to have dinner.

" Well," I say as I unfold my cutlery, " It's going ...at a good pace." 

" Shaadi tak tayaar ho jayaga na?" Biji smirked and asks. ( Will it  be ready till the marriage?)

" Ghar ho jayega, " I thought about it , " Par furnishings bachengi." ( The house will be done. Only the Furnishings will be left) 

Here's the thing: I don't even want to leave my family. 

Mira Behl wanted to move out. 

Mira Behl  coerced my whole family until they are more excited than her for it's glimpse.

Mira Behl should be responsble for it all. But , no!! The whole house-making is conveniently shifted to me !! I didn't even want it in the first place!!!

" Viyaan, " Mom cleared her throat , " I've been thinking...." 

It's an universal fact that Mom thinking can only bring bad news. For me , at least. 

" You and Mira should decide where you want to go ... you  know so we get the passports and all." 

" Mom , " I sigh , " The house is in GK itself , we aren't moving out if India." 

Maybe I should stick to my late night arrivals until the marriage itself. Even the original flood of decoration ideas , and brainstorming is somewhat finished , my family really isn't going to leave me off the hook until Mira becomes Mrs Malhotra. 

But God , it's still a month left!! 

" Ahem , " Dad coughed , " I don't think she meant that."

" What did you mean , then? " I shake my head and swallow . 

Biji and Mom giggled. Yes , like school girls and somewhat like Mira's younger sister Sam. And don't get me started o her. Although I do think she's pretty smart and humorous , her ear splitting squeal of delight is kinda scary.

But Mom and Biji are like four  and six  times her age. This action really , really feels ...creepy.

What in the world is wrong  with Malhotra women?!

" On your honeymoon , Viyaan." Dad smirked and pleasantly ate. He seemed to be enjoying my expression , which was shock through and through. 

" What? What about that?" I blabber , trying not to feel more embarrassed then I already do , " There's no..need. Mira's busy. Even I am . Who wants to-"

" Leh. Aur Mainu lagda ki yeh sudhar gaya." Biji shook her head like some disheartened Black and  White movie heroine . ( And here I thought he had changed)

" You didn't even ask Mira!!" Mom nudged Dad to add to the confrontation. Are they purposely feigning ignorance , or they have failed  to notice that Mira and I are not , romantically compatible?

" I already know what she will say." I challenged Mom , " You can go ahead and ask , if you want to." 

Actually , now was not a good time to call the Behls. So I figured that I can delay this call to the morning . What I didn't expect  was that Mom would promptly pull out her phone. I don't want her to ask Mira Behl about this without me giving her heads up before . 

She becomes surprisingly docile when her parents ask her anything.Which means she might just say yes and I will be scorned at. 

" Mom , " I shook my head , " It's too late."