† 2 †

"thank you for coming!"donghyuck said for the nth time that day.

the boy watched the customer leaving the store he was working in before looking up to the clock that indicated half past midnight.

he sighed. half an hour left and he would be able to go back home and sleep. that's the only thing he wanted to do right now. sleep.

another customer walked in, almost stumbling on his way in. he was followed by two other men who didn't spare a glance to donghyuck and headed to the alcohol alley.

donghyuck took off his glasses and rubbed them with cloth until he heard glass shattering inside the shop. he rose to his feet immediately, put his glasses on the bridge of his nose, and walked towards the noise, only to find the three men in the middle of the drink's alley, bottles of beer scattered around them.

"i'm sorry, but you'll have to pay for that."donghyuck said mentally cursing because he'll need to clean.

the men looked at him before bursting in laugher.

"who do you think you are bossing us around?"one of them said, dangerously approaching donghyuck as the others kept laughing.

"i-i... hum... y-you broke it, now you have to pay..."donghyuck stuttered, walking back.

the man chuckled and blocked donghyuck against the alley, strangling him with his hand. "do you think i'm going to be impressed by a teenager?"he spat, allowing donghyuck to feel his alcoholic breath. the poor boy was starting to have trouble breathing. the drunk man's grip was tighter and tighter every second.

"let him go."an unknown voice said.

the grip on donghyuck's throat didn't loosen.

"i said let. him. go."

the drunk man winced in pain as he let go donghyuck who fell on the floor coughing loudly.

the three drunk men ran away, leaving the shop as if they never came in the first place, leaving donghyuck and the mysterious man alone.

"are you okay?"the man asked, crouching beside donghyuck.

"y-yes, thank you very much."donghyuck responded, rubbing his neck. he took some time to look at the stranger who helped him. blond hair, blown eyes, tall, broad shouldered, beautiful smile, and surely older than him.

the handsome stranger held out a hand to help donghyuck up who gladly accepted it.

"what's your name?"the stranger asked.

"i'm lee donghyuck. and you are?"donghyuck responded shyly.

"kang daniel."

"nice to meet you. and thank you very much."donghyuck smiled.

"it's not safe for such a cute boy to work so late in a shop. you know, there can be dangerous people..."daniel told seriously.

donghyuck shrugged. "i know, but i it's my only way to earn money, and if i don't have a job, i can't pay for my studies..."donghyuck told before looking at his watch. "oh! it's almost closing time! i should clean all the mess!"

"i'll help you."

daniel and donghyuck cleaned the broken bottles and the liquid, and soon, donghyuck could close the store. daniel kindly walked donghyuck back home, because it was very late and he could tell the younger was very tired. daniel didn't want anything to happen to donghyuck.