† 27 †

"i'm sorry but WHAT?!" taeyong yelled when the three humans told him what they wanted to do. "mark didn't tell the clan about that."

it had been two days since the vampires came back from their 'fight' with wanna one, meaning they still had one day before they needed to give their final decision to the vampire court.

mark, jeno, jaemin and jisung were at the courts. they weren't there to give their final decision yet. they just had to testify of their fault in front of the main judge.

this had allowed their humans to go to their house and tell the whole clan about their plan. turns out the clan didn't even know about mark, jeno, jaemin and jisung having to leave the clan...

"did i just hear the words 'mark' and 'leave the clan' in the same sentence?" jaehyun asked, entering the living room.

taeyong nodded.

"what?"

"they didn't follow the rules, jae." taeyong rubbed his temples. "they fell in love with humans. and we know very well that vampires can't fall in love with humans..."

"yeah but- "jaehyun was interrupted by his phone ringing. "sorry it's the court. i should go, they probably are in trouble."

taeyong nodded and jaehyun left the room at the speed of light.

"so... about our idea..." chenle asked a bit unsure.

"that's a no." taeyong replied frankly.

"a no?" renjun raised a brow. "but why?"

"your boyfriends will kill me if i let you do that."

"it's the only thing we can do!" donghyuck protested.

"i'm surprised you agreed, donghyuck." taeyong glared at the innocent human.

"he's the one who convinced us actually. he found the idea. we were surprised as well." chenle shrugged.

"but still. i won't let you do that." taeyong sternly said.

"but- "

"if they leave the clan, we will still stay in contact, and we will still help them. that won't change much." taeyong explained. "but what you want to do is impossible."

"it is not. it's pretty simple actually." renjun said.

taeyong stopped talking for a second to think. the three humans smirked, guessing they were on the good path.

"stop smirking like that!" taeyong yelled, making the boys laugh. "and why didn't you ask your boyfriends in the first place?"

"because they will never agree." chenle told.

"so, you came to me... and what makes you think that i will agree?"

"you don't want your clan to lose members." renjun said.

"you don't want to lose power." donghyuck added.

"and you are willing to help your friends." chenle finished, making taeyong go silent again.

"right..." he said after an instant. "then... maybe..."

the three humans in front of him started bouncing up and down in excitement. was taeyong about to agree?

"maybe i can ask them myself." taeyong finished.

"huh?" donghyuck raised a brow.

"you don't understand..." chenle sighed.

"they will never accept to do it themselves. but like never ever." renjun explained. "that's why we came to you behind their backs. to do it secretly, without them knowing."

"this way, it will be done by force, and they won't be able to do anything against it." chenle finished.

taeyong slapped his forehead. "i'm not sure i can do that guys..."

"of course, you can taeyong..." donghyuck said. "you're taeyong! the leader of this clan! the pure blood that created the clan! nct wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. so, you have the power and the right to do it."

"how do you know this much?" chenle asked.

donghyuck giggled. "mark often rambles about the clan..."

taeyong took a deep breath before making his final decision. "you're right. i'll do it, right now."

"guys, we're back!" jeno yelled, entering the house, his three friends and jaehyun on his heels. they were just back from the court. "and we need to have a talk so LIVING ROOM!!!"

in an instant, all the clan was gathered in the living room. the last member to arrive was taeyong. he was with the three humans in mark, jeno, jaemin and jisung's room – however those four didn't need to know it – and he had told them not to move from there until he called them.

"you wanted to tell us something?" taeyong asked, sitting in between jaehyun's legs.

"huh... yeah." jeno rubbed his nape.

"i guess you all know the four of us kind of have... relationships?" mark started, making the boys nod. "with humans."

"well, you also know that those relationships between vampires and humans are forbidden." jisung continued. "and we had a talk with namjoon... and... to make it simple... he told us that we needed to choose between them or the clan."

the room stayed silent. taeyong chuckled, making the four young vampires furrow their brows.

"and you chose to leave the clan." taeyong said flatly.

"yeah." jaemin said simply.

"WHAT?!" the rest of the clan gasped.

"you can't do that!" lucas rose to his feet.

"we're sorry!" mark said quickly. "but we love them! that's the only solution!"

"taeyong! we can't let them do that!" lucas protested. "that's a completely selfish decision! we need to discuss about it!"

"we don't have time lucas. they need to give their decision tomorrow." taeyong hushed his clan member.

"wait. how do you know that?" jisung furrowed his brows.

taeyong smirked. "see... your boyfriends came to see me while the four of you were at the court. and they explained everything to me. and they found a solution to your problem."

"they did?" jeno asked.

"yes." taeyong nodded. "guys! come down." he shouted. "and thanks to their brilliant idea, not only you won't have to leave the clan, but the clan will also be enlarged."

that's when donghyuck, chenle and renjun made their appearance in the living room, looking ethereal, as they always did in the vampires' eyes, but this time, two little details caught their eye: the red eyes, and the fangs.

"boys, let me introduce you to the newest nct members."