† 17 †

"are you enjoying the party so far?!" someone shouted from a corner of the gigantic house

"YEAHH!" the crowd yelled back.

donghyuck entered the house between jaemin and jeno.

he felt uncomfortable. there were way too much people, the music was too loud, too much eyes were on him, it was reeking of alcohol and he felt like he was naked.

"j-jaemin? c-can't we leave?" he asked voice barely audible because of the loud music blasted by the expensive speakers. thankfully, jaemin heard it thanks to his new pawers.

"don't worry, hyuckie, we'll find mark and you'll be- "he stopped mid-sentence when his eyes landed on a certain male that was already there, talking with other people. "-safe."

donghyuck looked at jeno who had the same look of hunger.

both boys walked towards the boy they were head over heels for, totally forgetting about donghyuck, who trotted behind them, too scared for his own good.

"ah!" renjun let out a yelp when jaemin and jeno passed an arm around his waist, surprising him.

"oh, you're here guys!" chenle yelled. "you got matching outfits! it's cute." he said, pointing at jaemin and jeno's makeups. then he eyed donghyuck from head to toe before wiggling his brows. "and you're dressed as..."

"a cat." donghyuck stated.

"yeah... a sexy cat." chenle chuckled. "for mark huh."

donghyuck flushed.

"anyways, do you like my costume? it's a fairy, i did the wings myself!" he explained, turning around to show his work. "oh, and i was the one who found the idea for renjun's bride costume." he added.

"that was a brilliant idea." jaemin smiled, admiring the way the dress hugged his crush's slim waist nicely.

"yeah..." jeno added, almost drooling.

renjun blushed, aware that the two vampires were checking him out.

"hum hum..." chenle faked a cough. "if you're done ogling him, we're going to find jisung and mark." chenle declared, pulling donghyuck's hand.

chenle dragged donghyuck across the house, bumping in tons of people, receiving way too much stares in donghyuck's opinion – blame that on his way too revealing costume. he definitely didn't like parties. he swears he even felt hands touching his butt. well, that was probably not done on purpose, but still, if jaemin hadn't insisted for him to wear those shorts, he wouldn't have felt it this way.

"ji!" chenle screamed before pulling on donghyuck's arm so hard that he almost ripped it.

chenle then let go of donghyuck's wrist and jumped on jisung – who was dressed as flash – to kiss his lips passionately.

donghyuck looked around, but there were no traces of mark.

"hello chenle." the boys around said when their lips detached, however, donghyuck didn't know any of them.

"hello guys!"

"yo." jaemin saluted when he arrived with jeno and renjun.

"oh... is this the..." a boy dressed as mona lisa pointed at renjun furrowing his brows. "the reason of... jaemin?"

"yeah..." jeno rubbed his nape as jaemin and renjun looked confused.

"he's renjun."

"well, hello renjun." the boys said.

"and this is donghyuck."

"let me guess..." mona lisa said again, looking closely at donghyuck's looks. "this one is mark's?"

donghyuck blushed beet red. "yeah." jeno chuckled. "where is he by the way?"

"he had something to do with the one and only kang daniel." another boy said, his eyes turning red and fangs appearing at the mention of donghyuck's 'human' friend name.

"w-where?" he asked voice a bit low.

"upstairs." the boy answered without thinking.

as the boys' conversation drifted on brighter subjects, donghyuck slipped out of the group, disappearing from their sights as if he was never here in the first place.

daniel can be in danger.

these boys might be nct. the vampire clan mark, jeno, jisung and now jaemin were in.

and when this boy had pronounced daniel's name, he had said it with so much venom in his voice, it was so scary.

daniel was in danger.

mark was perhaps going to do something to him.

donghyuck had to prevent him to do it.

that's what he was going to do.

donghyuck walked over a couple who was making out and then got up the stairs of the house, ignoring the whistles he was receiving from a probably drunk boy who was lying there.

he arrived at the first floor. you could still hear the music from there, but it was much more silent than the ground floor. however, donghyuck could make out screams and loud thuds at the end of the hallway.

donghyuck took a deep breath before approaching the door from where the noise was coming from. he put his ear close to the door, careful not to stand too close in case anything happened.

"i told you to stay away from him!"

donghyuck could hear things breaking inside the room.

"i do what i fucking want!"

"you don't! this is my territory and he's my property."

"no, he's not... ah!"

"he's certainly not yours, asshole!"

"we'll see which one of us makes it then."

then donghyuck didn't hear anything more.

he shyly pushed the door handle and opened the door, widening his eyes in horror at the sight before his eyes.

mark and daniel were in the middle of a room that looked like it had been ravaged by a tornado, they were both covered in blood, and what horrified donghyuck the most was that both of them had fangs and bloody red eyes.