† 18 †

mark scanned the crowd of people while sipping on his glass of blood.

the party had started an hour ago and half of the people there were already wasted. that was a horrible sight to see.

"what are you desperately looking for, harry?" a vampire of his clan who had dressed as mona lisa asked him. jisung had decided mark would be dressed as harry potter. so, here was mark, in a black robe, with round glasses, a drawn lightning-shaped scar on his forehead and a wand in his hand.

"my human." mark mumbled.

"oh. you found yourself a boyfriend as well?"

"shut up ten." mark glared at the mona lisa guy. "he's not my boyfriend yet. hopefully soon. but kang daniel is turning around him."

"speaking of which." another vampire barged in the conversation.

"oh shit! jaehyun you scared me."

"i saw him heading upstairs a minute ago." jaehyung added, ignoring ten's rambling. "pretty good maleficent costume by the way."

mark nodded before putting his glass of blood on a nearby table and climbing up the stairs.

before he could do anything, a door on his left opened, revealing kang daniel in a classy black attire with two big horns. he was probably coming out of the bathroom as he was shaking his hands in an attempt of drying them.

"mark lee. what a surprise." he said flatly.

"daniel. let's have a small talk." mark answered on the same tone. "from vampire to vampire." he added, his eyes turning red.

daniel smirked. "if it's about donghyuck, you've already lost. you see, donghyuck likes my humanity. something a vampire like you surely doesn't have."

mark snorted. "you're more of a vampire than me! you're a human eater."

"yeah, but he thinks i'm a human. that's where i won." daniel smiled making mark approach him and growl.

however, the two boys were interrupted by a couple that was messily making out, bumping on every wall, their hands roaming over their partner's body.

daniel rolled his eyes before grabbing mark's collar and pulling him towards the very last room, pushing him inside.

"hey! watch your hands!" mark warned him.

"what are you going to do, huh?" daniel raised a brow and mark stayed silent. "so, tell me. what did you want to talk about?"

"donghyuck."

daniel chuckled. "told you..."

"i want you away from him."

"hum... that's not happening." daniel crossed his arms.

"OF COURSE, IT IS!" mark raised his voice.

"NEVER IN YOUR WILDEST DREAMS!" daniel yelled, grabbing a vase near him before throwing him at mark who dodged it pretty easily.

"d-did you just...?" mark widened his eyes in realisation. "are you asking for war?" mark raised a brow lifting the glass table that he could reach.

"if it's war for dognhyuck, then gladly." daniel smiled fakely.

mark didn't hesitate to throw the table which shattered in pieces at the contact of the wall behind daniel.

"i told you to stay away from him!" mark growled, his fangs out.

"i do what i fucking want!" daniel replied in the same stated, jumping on mark.

at that point, daniel and mark were breaking all the furniture of the room, either by throwing it to each other's face or by directly throwing the other on it.

"you don't! this is my territory and he's my property." mark barked.

"no, he's not... ah!" daniel winced when he received a punch in the nose from mark.

"he's certainly not yours, asshole!" mark had the time to say before being thrown into the nearest wall.

"we'll see which one of us makes it then." daniel said with a smirk when mark got back on his feet. the two boys were face to face, eyes red, fangs out, panting and ready to kill.

mark knew very well what that meant.

daniel was reffering to those old vampire fights. those death fights.

mark and daniel would have to fight until one of them couldn't live anymore. one of them wouldn't exit this room tonight. one of them would never see donghyuck again.

and one of them would finally win donghyuck.

that's what daniel meant.

as mark was about to jump on daniel to attack, the door of the room opened, catching the two boys off guard. but what surprised them even more was the person who disturbed their duel.

donghyuck had just entered and he looked ethereal.

mark's mind was going crazy seeing him like that. he couldn't think straight. what was shocking at first was that he didn't have his glasses. anyway. the boy was wearing very small black shorts with fishnets under them, hugging his honey thighs perfectly; his torso was hidden by a black long-sleeved crop top that made him sweater paws but made his belly button visible and he had a black choker on which was attached a small bell. but that was nothing compared to his face... as usual, he looked beautiful, but this time, the massive amount of eye liner made the cat-eyes look perfect on him, and the fact his naturally glowing skin had been made even shinier thanks to the ton of highlighter he had just made him look like a god. plus, the black cat-ears he had fitted perfectly in his purplish hair.

daniel and mark may hate each other, at that exact moment, both boys couldn't help but exchange a look and gulp together.

"y...y-you..." donghyuck pointed at daniel, his bottom lip quivering. "y-you're a vampire as well?"

"well... yes." daniel lowered his head.

donghyuck turned towards mark, a tear falling from his eye. "and y-you knew?"

mark nodded.

donghyuck bit his lip to prevent himself from breaking down in front of the two vampires.

"i was starting to think that maybe vampires were good creatures." donghyuck whipped his tears with his sweater paw. "but, i guess i was just delusional..." he added before leaving the room allowing mark and daniel to hear him sobbing fully once the door had been closed.

"well done kang. now look what you've done." mark growled, punching daniel who didn't bother dodge the punch this time.