† 13 †

the halloween party was approaching fast.

the boys had all confirmed that they would go – even donghyuck – and they were currently thinking about costumes ideas, in the school garden during lunch break.

"what about smurfs? like each of us would be a different one." chenle exclaimed.

"what are we? 10? i won't dress as a smurf. it's ridiculous." jeno spat.

"hey." jisung nudged his vampire friend. "don't be rude with him. he's only giving ideas. that's much more that anything you're doing." he said, wrapping his arms around the chinese in a protective manner.

during the past few days, jisung and chenle had gotten closer; but like, real close. it was now normal to see the two boys hold hands or hug. chenle was always stuck to jisung and jisung always had an arm wrapped around chenle, ready to attack the first enemy who would try to steal chenle from his grip.

the humans hung out less with daniel and his friends.

first because now they had to stay with jeno, mark and jisung who had to guard jaemin.

second because daniel and his friends had gained popularity among the students at school and they didn't seem to have enough time to stay with everybody.

and third because they were apparently very busy with some preparations.

however, daniel and donghyuck were still in contact. they texted often, and they even saw each other sometimes.

"i have an idea!" jaemin exclaimed tapping chenle's shoulder and sending him flying meters away because of him not really being able to control his strength.

"jaemin!" donghyuck widened his eyes.

jisung rushed to chenle, pulling him up and checking if he was injured. as chenle's body was intact, both boys came back to sit with their friends.

"dude, control your strength. you're going to kill someone." jisung told jaemin who apologized.

"what were you going to say, jaem?" renjun asked.

jaemin smiled to his crush, happy to have his attention. "i wanted to propose to make teams. and each team has to surprise the others with their costumes."

"that way we can help each other and have the surprise at the same time..." renjun mumbled finding the idea rather good.

"what's the prize for the best costume?" donghyuck asked.

"i don't know yet. we'll decide later." jaemin declared. "and for the teams..."

"i want to be with donghyuck." mark said.

"that's a big no." jaemin told. "it's his first party, and, as his best friend, i want to be the one to dress him. plus, i already have an idea for hyuckie... so, donghyuck, jeno and i will be a team."

"why me?"

"because you are my protector stupid leech."

"leech yourself fucker."

"anyway." chenle cut their bickering. "is it okay if i team with renjun and jisung with mark? it will be easier for the houses and everything."