† 9 †

"i swear i'm going to kill this teacher one day." jeno growled, slamming open the canteen doors.

not caring about the ruckus he had just caused, he stomped his feet to his usual table and tossed his bag on the floor next to mark and jisung's ones.

"what are you looking at like that?" he asked, furrowing his brows when he saw his two vampire friends with fangs out and eyes bloody red, rived on a table behind jeno.

jeno turned around and understood immediately.

the little group that renjun, fucker – also known as jaemin –, chenle, and donghyuck formed had merged with the group that the wanna one members that got to school formed. and let's say that some of the wanna one members were a bit too touchy with the other boys.

jeno took out a blood patch from his bag and sat in between mark and jisung to watch the drama unfold. it really looked like they were at the cinema, watching something while drinking tea. normally, they should have been sitting facing each other to share a meal, but right now, they just wanted to make sure nothing would happen with the boys they had taken interest in.

"i swear if daewhi doesn't stop ruffling his hair..." jisung mumbled, eyes glued on a certain chinese male.

"well, at least, he touches his hair." mark scoffed. "have you seen where daniel's hand is?"

jisung rolled his eyes.

"i don't really care."

"on his thigh jisung. it is rubbing his thigh."

jisung watched carefully daewhi approaching his face from chenle's. "what? what the hell is he doing?!"

"i'm going to cut his hand and burn it." mark mumbled before taking a big sip of blood.

"oh, he's just whispering something..." jisung sighed in relief. "wait... why is chenle giggling?"

jeno slapped his forehead. "aren't you overacting a bit, guys?"

"no. you would be the exact same if guanlin was all touchy with your renjun." mark explained, eyes sending daggers through daniel's soul.

"my renjun...?" jeno's ears turned red. "y-yeah, watch me. i'm not affected by anything they would do..."he said.

they continued drinking their blood, mark and jisung eventually cursing whenever daewhi or daniel would be acting too flirty with donghyuck and chenle. jeno kept his pokerface, enjoying how his two friends were getting mad over such stupid things, and most importantly, not expecting at all what was about to happened.

he brought the patch of blood to his lips to drink, and drifted his attention to the table where was seated wanna one. gulping down the red liquid, he saw renjun, the cute and shy boy speaking with fucker, and suddenly, fucker threw himself on renjun and engulfed him in a big hug to which renjun responded and snuggled in.

shocked by the sudden action, jeno chocked on the blood he was drinking, catching the attention of half the canteen, including the two boys that caused the problem.

jeno looked in their direction to find them still hugging and both looking at him. jeno looked successively at renjun and then jaemin, then back to renjun, and again jaemin. seeing the look of panic on jeno's face, jaemin smirked. he took renjun's chin in his hand and planted a kiss on his cheek. "don't mind about this messy vampire. he doesn't even know how to handle himself." he said with a wink in jeno's direction – that renjun didn't notice – knowing perfectly that he would hear him thanks to his developed hearing.

the canteen remained silent and all eyes were still on jeno who had blood dripping on his chin.

"WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING?!" mark yelled, scaring everybody. "GO BACK TO WHAT YOU WERE DOING!" and with those words, the canteen became once again the loud mess that it is supposed to be.

jisung handed jeno a napkin and the vampire used it to clean the blood that he had spilled everywhere.

"i hate him." he muttered.

"i hate daniel as well." mark pointed out.

jeno looked at jaemin having his arm aroung renjun's frame and renjun's head being layed on jaemin's shoulder.

"why do we have to be interested in the same person?"

"so, you do admit that you're gay." jisung asked.

jeno groaned. "this boy looks like a girl. he's a midget. he's pretty. his body is... never mind."

"gay." jisung mocked. "oh, god, daewhi, keep your hands to yourself."

the three vampires stayed silent for and instant, only looking at their crushes – if you could call it that way – being touchy with other males.

"why the hell can't this fucker find himself someone else!" jeno groaned slamming his head on the table.

"at least, your rival is a human. you have a chance to beat him." mark said.

"yeah. ours are human eaters. we won't even be able to win a thumb fight against them. so, believes you happy." jisung added.

"human my ass. if i win it won't be fair."

"stop complaining and realize your chance." mark spat.

then end of the day came sooner than expected for jaemin.

perhaps was it because, for once, renjun had spent the whole day with him without mentioning about the vampire he had a crush on. maybe renjun did consider jaemin's feelings, and maybe there was a slight chance he could return them as well. that's what jaemin hoped.

he hoped renjun preferred having a human and normal boyfriend rather than a monster and blood sucker boyfriend.

"hey, fucker."

jaemin turned around when he heard a voice he didn't want to hear. bad decision.

as soon as he faced the boy, the vampire slammed him against the wall, causing jaemin to let out a scream of pain.

"i saw what you did at the canteen." jeno said, gripping on jaemin's collar very tightly, almost strangling him. "and it's seriously getting on my nerves. but, if you want to play, then, we'll play..."

their faces were inches apart, jaemin was panting and his eyes were wandering between jeno's bloody red eyes and parted lips where you could see fangs appearing. jeno could feel jaemin's fear right now. he could feel the blood rushing through his system. it felt good to have that much power on someone.

"w-what do you want?" jaemin stuttered.

jeno chuckled. "renjun."

"renjun is mine. i'll never let him be yours. i'll never let him date a monster like you. even if he actually likes you. i want him to be safe because i do love him and i want what is best for him. and you are not good for him." jaemin spat not caring that he just confessed his love for the chinese to the vampire.

jeno laughed. "we'll have to fight for him then. but you are not a big opponent for me, human." he raised a brow. "it's easy for me to defeat you. just know that..." jeno's grip on jaemin's collar tightened. "...i am a gentleman."

and these were the last words jaemin remembered hearing before blacking out.