† 26 †

"so...?" mark sighed, eyes glued on the spot namjoon had just vanished, seconds ago. "what do we do now?"

"we don't have tons of solutions..." jeno mumbled.

"he said clearly that we couldn't stay in the clan if we wanted to stay with them." jisung rubbed his temples.

"so basically, it's either them or the clan." jaemin added.

jeno hummed, resting his chin on jaemin's shoulder and back-hugging him.

"leaving the clan isn't something this hard, isn't it?" mark asked. "i mean, we can still stay with nct, even without being part of the clan. we can still be friends, help them... we just won't be owners of their territory anymore."

"this means we will lose all the power we have." jisung sighed.

"but we can create another clan, the for of us."

"no mark. we can't. because we can't be in a clan and have human boyfriends." jaemin replied. "which means we will be alone forever."

"you know what?" jeno spoke. "let's tell them the news first. perhaps they'll have another solution."

"our humans?" jisung asked to which jeno nodded.

"you're probably right. let's go." mark approved, following his friends to donghyuck's house.

they knocked at the door which was opened a minute after by a woman looking like donghyuck.

"hello boys, how can i help you?"

"hello mrs. lee, we're here to see donghyuck." jaemin answered.

"oh, jaemin! i hadn't recognized you!" she smiled. "come in! he locked himself in his room with renjun and chenle. you know the way!" she added before closing the door behind the boys.

jaemin brought his vampire friends to donghyuck's room and knocked. "it's us, you can open the door guys."

and so, the door opened revealing a messy room and three teenagers with swollen eyes.

the three boys immediately jumped on the vampires, chenle kissing jisung like there was no tomorrow, renjun tackling both jaemin and jeno in a bear hug and donghyuck jumping into mark's arms, the vampire passing his arms under his boyfriend's thighs with ease.

"we thought you would never come back..." renjun said, tightening his embrace.

"everything went well, we didn't even need to fight." jaemin said with a smile.

the seven boys decided to sit on the bed to listen to the vampires' story.

"so... this means wanna one is no longer a clan?" chenle asked.

"yes, they no longer exist."

"but what are daniel and the others going to do?" donghyuck raised a brow.

mark clenched his jaw at the mention of his rival's name. "they'll be lone vampires. either they'll fight alone, or they can create their own clan, by fighting for their own territory."

"but they will stop bothering you." donghyuck continued.

"they should. if they don't, the vampire courts could give them a death sentence." jeno told.

"that's horrible." renjun furrowed his brows. "hasn't death penalty already been abolished?"

"not for vampires. you know, we live for eternity... so we need a way to put an end to the criminals' lives." jaemin replied running a hand through renjun's blond hair.

jeno whistled. "i didn't know you knew this much about us."

"that's because i had the best teacher." jaemin replied, dangerously approaching his face from jeno's.

"oh..." jeno smirked. "can i know who had the privilege to teach you?" he moved his head forward.

"you." jaemin said simply, before him and jeno made the final move to kiss. however, their lips didn't touch. instead, they both touched renjun's cheeks.

actually, seeing the perfect opportunity, renjun had put his face in between the two lovebirds at the right moment in order to get a kiss form both of his crushes at the perfect moment.

"you know we're still here?" chenle coughed.

"yeah, sorry." renjun blushed, realising what he had just done.

on the other hand, jaemin and jeno were just looking at each other with widened eyes. could that mean that renjun liked them as well?

"so... is everything good now?" donghyuck asked with a smile.

"well... not really." jisung answered.

"how?" chenle pulled his head out of the crook of jisung's neck.

"actually, there's a law forbidding vampires to be in love with humans." mark explained.

"what?"

"which means that we need to leave the clan if we want to stay with you." jeno added.

"because... surprise renjun, jeno and i love you." jaemin finished looking at renjun.

"yeah... about that... i knew..." renjun lowered his head. "and... yeah, i do love the both of you too." he flushed red.

jaemin and jeno smiled brightly at those words, but they only caressed renjun's hand as a response. now wasn't the best time to confess, they were very aware of it.

"there has to be another solution." donghyuck said, tears falling from his eyes.

mark took his glasses off and wiped his tears using his fingers.

"there is no other solutions sunshine, i'm sorry." mark told, kissing his tears away. "don't worry. we will just leave the clan, but it won't change anything between us, between jisung and chenle or between jaemin, jeno and renjun."

"mark is right donghyuck." jaemin added. "you won't see the difference. plus, our relationship with the clan will still be the same. we will just loose the power we have on their territory. that's all."

"namjoon gave us three days to find a solution. in three days, we'll have to go there and give our final decision to the court." jeno announced.

"donghyuck, jisung loves chenle, jaemin and jeno love renjun, and i love you. more than anything else. and i am willing to do anything if that means that we can be together. do you understand?" mark asked his sunshine.

donghyuck nodded, his vision clouded by the number of tears that were falling out of his eyes.

"then let us leave nct." mark added before connecting his lips to donghyuck's soft ones.