† 23 †

as soon as donghyuck put a foot out of the café, mark pulled the tanned male into a warm embrace.

"i missed you..." he mumbled, his nose inhaling the scent of his blood rushing through his carotid artery just millimetres under his perfect skin. how much mark wanted to drink this blood... its scent was mind blowing, mark could smell it all day.

"i was gone for like twenty minutes..."

"yeah but you were with daniel." mark pouted. donghyuck could feel his pout against his neck. "and i don't like when you're with daniel. he's trying to take you away from me..."

donghyuck blushed. "he won't. don't worry. i don't like him that way."

mark pulled out of the hug and looked at the ethereal boy.

"how about we go on a date?"

donghyuck flushed more. "a d-date?"

"or whatever you want to call it, sunshine..."

donghyuck bit his bottom lip before shyly placing his hand in mark's larger one and entangling their fingers. "a date it is."

mark and donghyuck continued walking across the busy streets hand in hand, waiting ot find the perfect place for their date.

"we could watch the sunset at the park?" mark said, looking at the sky that was slowly turning orange.

"that's a good idea!" donghyuck bounced on his feet before pulling mark towards the nerest park.

mark happily followed the tanned beauty, mesmerized by his actions.

he was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even notice that they were already there.

donghyuck glanced at the layout of the park before seeing a small hill, higher than the others on which they would surely have a perfect view of the sunset.

donghyuck dragged mark towards that place again and sat immediately on the grass, tugging on mark's sleeve when the boy next to him didn't follow his actions.

"you don't sit with me?"

"o-oh, sorry... i was in my thoughts..." mark admitted rubbing his neck and taking place next to donghyuck, leaving some space between their bodies.

however, the tanned male was not of the same opinion. he jumped closer to mark, gluing their thighs and shoulders together before laying his head on the vampire's shoulder.

"what were you thinking about?" donghuck asked, looking at the sunset.

mark sighed, laying his own head on the human's. "what if you had actually liked daniel?" mark asked. "would you have accepted his apology even after he lied to you about his own kind?"

donghyuck chuckled. "why are you thinking about that?"

"i don't know..." mark replied, his arm wrapping instinctively around donghyuck's waist. "he is lucky. he caught your attention..."

donghyuck furrowed his brows. was mark jealous?

"i can see you smiling whenever he's around. and i love to see you smile... it's so beautiful. but the fact is... i hate that he is the reason of it. honestly, i would like to be the reason of your smile." mark said.