† 6 †

"have you lost your mind?!" jaemin yelled causing renjun to roll his eyes. "standing this close to a vampire. and he was about to attack! he had his fangs out and bloody red eyes and everything! you could have died just there!"

"jaemin, you're making a fuss out of nothing..." renjun sighed.

the boy scoffed. "this isn't nothing. we can't lose you renjun! you're precious in our eyes! i don't want you to die, i want you to be safe! i l- "jaemin stopped. was he about to confess his love to his friend? yes. was he going to get rejected? surely. should he shut up? definetly. "anyway. i did the right thing."

renjun sighed in response.

chenle and donghyuck looked at the two boys bickering from behind.

"do you think jeno would have done that?" chenle asked.

"what?" donghyuck raised a brow.

"killing renjun."

donghyuck shrugged. "vampires are monsters. you never know what they can do. it wouldn't surprise me though."

chenle rolled his eyes. "jisung would never do that."

"jisung is like every vampire."

"he isn't." chenle pouted. "he is cute. he helped me picking your books up minutes ago, and you know what? he knew my name!"

"i told you he knew you. like, who wouldn't know someone with such a loud voice?" donghyuck complained.

"shut up!" chenle hit his head, making donghyuck's glasses almost fall down. "wow, you should probably go at the optician to tighten the screws of your glasses. they seem to fall more often."

donghyuck pushed the object up on his nose. "yeah, i know, felix fell and stepped on them last time and he broke them."

chenle slapped his forehead. "god help this boy..."

"taeyong! taeyong! taeyong! TAEYONG!"

taeyong, who was peacefully watching the tv in the living room switched it off and drifted his attention towards the sudden noise. 

"can't i have like 10 seconds of rest? i just had a 2hours phone call with kun because he had lost xiaojun, hendery and yangyang in a chinese forest outside our territory." seeing the look of despair on the faces on his two friends, the leader's smile disappeared. "tell me it's good news."

"not really..." johnny tilted his head.

"EVERYBODY! LIVING ROOM! RIGHT NOW!" teyong yelled, and in an instant, the 11 vampires of the house were gathered in the living room, seated on the different couches and armchairs. 

"johnny and jaehyun have an announcement to make." taeyong said, looking intensely at the two boys.

"is it good news?" jisung asked hopefully.

"does it look like good news?" doyoung asked sarcastically.

"well..." jaehyun started.

"do you remember about the three humans that had disappeared on our territory?" johnny asked.

the boys around the room nodded.

"we found them today. the three of them."

"that's pretty good news for me..." mark pointed out.

"yeah, but that's not even half of a quarter of the story." doyoung sassed.

"so..." jaehyun interrupted the bickering. "we found them... dead, disembowelled, and guess who was eating them and sucking their blood?"

no one answered.

"wanna one." johnny told.

taeyong spoke after a moment. "were them on our territory?"

"yes. in the middle of our chasing spot." jaehyun explained. "we were out to chase when we smelt an unusual blood smell. it didn't smell at all like animal blood, it was much more powerful. and when we arrived, they were here, having their dinner i guess."

"did they try to fight?" taeil asked.

johnny shook his head. "they left as soon as they saw us."

there was a long silence. 

"i still don't get the 'bad news'." jeno told.

ten sighed. "they are still mad about us having this territory and not them."

"surely." doyoung nodded. "this means they are here to take it back."

"which implies fighting." lucas said.

"and these are bad news." taeyong pointed out.

jungwoo raised a brow. "can't we just surprise them? and this way be faster?"

"you forget one thing. wanna one is a human eater clan." johnny patted jungwoo's head.

"fuck." 

everybody turned towards jisung why had just swore. he mumbled a small 'sorry' before mark spoke. "we just need to start eating humans as well it's not that bad."

"animal and human blood haven't the same taste at all, mark. your body is used to animal blood. you can't change from one day to another like this. it takes some time. plus, it will taste awful." taeil explained.

"yes, but if human blood makes us stronger, it's worth a try." jeno added.

"then you'll just need to eat animals and a bit more of human blood each meal until you can eat only human blood." jaehyun told.

"perfect that's what we'll do."

"and where are you going to find your humans?" ten raised a brow. "you need someone who is willing to give you some blood since you'll have to drink some during every meal."

mark, jeno and jisung exchanged a glance and smirked. "we can work on it."