† 28 †

"woah... as if our days weren't eventful enough..." ten sighed, looking at the three new vampires.

"but... aren't them... wait." jaehyun looked towards mark, jeno, jaemin and jisung who were shocked. "aren't those three boys supposed to be your boyfriends?"

"what the hell is that?" lucas groaned.

"let me explain everything." taeyong walked behind the three newbies and wrapped his arms around them protectively. "the rule stipulates that vampires and humans aren't meant to be. vampires should only deal with their own kind. so, when the boys fell in love with humans, they broke a rule."

"yeah, we kind of understood this part." taeil told.

"indeed, every vampire breaks the rule when taking interest in a human. but most of the time, the vampires transform this human instantly. that's what happened to jaemin. in this case, there is no problem. the rule is respected." taeyong explained. "and that's what they asked me to do."

"and you accepted?!" mark stepped in front of his friends, furious.

"i am the leader of this clan. i created the clan. i have the power to do it." taeyong growled back, tightening his grip on the newbies, making donghyuck flinch.

mark's strong gaze softened immediately when he saw the look on his boyfriend's face.

"you should be thankful, mark." taeyong started again. "actually, you should all be thankful. because we all know how much donghyuck hates vampires, yet, he was the one to suggest this idea. and if they didn't accept to scarify their lives for us, not only mark, jeno, jaemin and jisung would have left the clan, but we would have also lost a lot of power."

all the vampires of the room lowered their heads, feeling guilty for reacting this negatively.

"we didn't lose power thanks to them. we did better. we defeated wanna one, and we got more powerful. all thanks to three brave humans. never forget that."

"what got through your head?!" mark whisper-yelled as soon as the seven boys were in mark's room.

donghyuck looked at mark with puppy eyes, tears threatening to fall. he didn't need his glasses anymore. his transformation had developed his senses, including his sight, meaning he could see clear without needing his glasses.

"come here." mark mumbled before pulling his boyfriend into a bear hug, not being able to be mad at him for more than a second.

"so, the idea came from you, hyuckie?" jaemin asked his best friend with a smirk.

donghyuck nodded with his head in the crook of mark's neck.

"but why?" mark asked, pulling donghyuck by his neck to look into his red eyes.

it was something frequent for newbies not being able to make your eyes turn back to normal or make your fangs disappear. it came with time. but it looked hot on donghyuck, so mark didn't mind seeing them.

"we didn't want you to leave nct." donghyuck pouted.

"but this was our decision." jeno argued, an arm wrapped around renjun's waist.

"a decision made on your own." renjun scoffed. "your leader didn't even know about it. you were about to penalize your whole clan because of us."

"the clan would have understood junnie..." jaemin hugged renjun's other side.

"no." renjun faced jaemin abruptly, their noses touching, making jaemin squint. "have you heard how lucas reacted? he's the only one who protested, but i'm sure he's not the only one who thought that way." he added making the two boys who like him shut up.

"also..." chenle spoke hesitantly. "there's another reason..."

"which is?" jisung asked him, engulfing his small body in a back-hug.

"well... as vampires, you won't age and if we stay human, we'll keep aging and everything will be so strange, so... yeah... we eventually had to be turned into vampires." chenle told, his cheeks slightly red.

"cute." jisung muttered, kissing his cheeks.

"do your parents know about it?" mark asked.

"about what?" donghyuck tensed.

"yeah, what?" renjun raised a brow.

"us having vampire boyfriends? or us being vampires?" chenle giggled.

"well, both." jaemin shrugged, ruffling renjun's hair. he liked the fact that him, jeno and renjun hadn't made things official yet, but everybody already considered them as boyfriends. i mean, the feelings were there, there was no doubt about it.

"they know." renjun smiled proudly.

"they know what, junnie?" jaemin kissed the boy's cheek.

"that i love both of you. but they don't know that you..." he pointed at jaemin. "...are a vamp."

"and you?" jisung asked his boyfriend.

chenle giggled. "i obviously can't keep my mouth shut... so, they know you're my man!"

"good." jisung pecked his lips in a chaste kiss.

"sunshine? what about you?"

"huh... i told them about this vampire at school that i kind of liked but i didn't really know, but... i mean... they don't know we are dating..." donghyuck played with his fingers.

"they know you like a vampire?" mark asked, cupping his boyfriend's cheeks.

donghyuck nodded, looking everywhere but into mark's eyes.

"what did they say?"

donghyuck blushed.

"t-that they wanted me to be the prettiest for him, and seduce him, and then make him my boyfriend, and then bring his home, and then make him my husband and finish my life with him..." he blushed.

mark smiled brightly. "that's perfect sunshine. we'll achieve step four soon, okay?"

donghyuck nodded shyly.

"we're still here if you were wondering." jeno interrupted their sweet moment.

"shut- "

"one thing is still bothering me though..." jisung scratched his chin. "did any of you tell us if your parent knew about you being vamps?"

the three newbies exchanged worried glances.

"yeah, about that..." jaemin rubbed his nape. "i know well those three and their parents, and i honestly don't think they told them..."

jisung, mark and jeno looked at each other before cursing simultaneously. "fuck."