† 5 †

"mark, please, accept my feelings?"

mark, jeno and jisung were walking side by side in the school's corridors, and they had been once again stopped because someone wanted to ask them out.

the girl had already asked mark out plenty of times, and mark had refused every single time. he wasn't interested in being in a relationship.

"i already told you i couldn't accept them. i'm sorry..." he said before walking past her.

"you seem to be the most popular among us these days." jisung pointed out when the three vampires started walking side by side again.

"i hate it. can't they understand that i don't want to date them?" mark groaned.

"well it's not that bad." jeno, who was walking between them, said. "at least no boy asked you out yet."

jisung furrowed his brows. "you're not gay?"

"no." jeno simply said accelerating a bit. this question had no real answer inside his head, so to answer he used simplicity.

"anyway, i don't care whether boys or girls ask me out, but i don't want to date anyone. and i want all of them to get that inside their heads!" mark groaned.

as they were debating, they didn't see a boy walking straight in their direction, head low, and a pile of books in his arms. he collided with jeno's chest and fell on the floor, his books and his glasses did as well.

"you again?! can't you watch where you are going human!" jeno growled at the human who was looking for his glasses on the floor.

"oh my god donghyuck!" the vampires heard someone say at the end of the corridor. two other humans approached donghyuck and tried to understand what was happening. mark was giving donghyuck his glasses back and helping him stand up while jisung was picking up the different books that were surrounding donghyuck.

"let me help you." chele said, crouching next to jisung and picking a book up from the floor.

"thank you chenle." jisung blushed.

the human widened his eyes. "you know my name?"

jisung nodded shyly.

"you're cute." chenle smiled. "let's be friends."

jisung smiled back before agreeing with his new friend.

renjun on his side looked at jeno who was glaring at donghyuck. he approached the vampire, completely losing his courage to scold the vampire for being mean to his friend. the boy in front of him was lee jeno. the boy of his dreams. he could never do that. how badly he wanted that boy to sink his fangs into his neck and just suck his blood.

renjun approached his favourite vampire – who, by the way still hadn't noticed his presence – and patted his shoulder, catching his attention.

"i'm sorry about donghyuck... it's probably his fault if... this happened..." renjun said lowering his head.

jeno only stared at the boy in front of him, but he didn't respond.

as he didn't get any answer, renjun kept talking. "donghyuck is kind of... innocent... and shy and very... how can i say... he is fragile. he can't be left alone for too long. he may seem like he is strong on the outside, but he actually is very complicated on the inside... so, excuse his behaviour..." renjun tried to explain to jeno.

let's be honest, jeno didn't really listen to what renjun had told him. he had registered everything. he could repeat it to anyone if you asked him – surely one of his vampire abilities – but right now, his mind was focused on something else. how had he never noticed that renjun's face was such a masterpiece? the boy was beautiful. jeno had told jisung he wasn't gay minutes before. and he was sure of that, but how come a human being could make him question himself like that.

his pale skin was attractive. jeno could hear his heart pumping in his chest, he could feel all this blood travelling across his body. he wondered how it would feel to sink his fangs inside this beauty's neck to drink his blood.

"hum... jeno?" renjun interrupted the vampire's thoughts. "your eyes."

that's when jeno realised he could feel his fangs inside his mouth. shit. he had been thinking about it so much that he was about to attack.

"s-sorry." he said quickly.

"n-no, don't worry. i think they look pretty on you." renjun blushed.

jeno was about to thank the boy, but he was interrupted by someone he really didn't want to see.

"oh my god renjun! step away from that leech!" jaemin rand towards the group of boys and stood in front of jeno, hiding renjun behind his back protectively.

"what are you doing here fucker?" jeno spat, his eyes still red.

"not letting you blood suckers lay a single finger on my friends."

renjun tried reasoning jaemin by patting his shoulder. "jaemin..."

"no. i won't let you date such a monster." jaemin told before turning around, pushing renjun, pulling donghyuck and snatching chenle from jisung's embrace.

and that's how the three vampires were left in the middle of the corridor totally dumfounded about what had just happened.

"so? what did you understand?" mark asked.

"chenle and i are friends." jisung sighed, face redder than ever.

"renjun is beautiful, but fucker is in the way."

"i thought you weren't gay?"

jeno shrugged. "i thought so too."

"mark?" jisung drifted his attention to the older.

"he's mysterious. i like it..."