† 3 †

vampires were rare.

they lived among humans, but they were way less numerous than humans.

vampires live by clans. each clan is composed of more or less members and each clan has his territory that it earned fighting.

nct is a clan composed of 17 vampires. however, they aren't living all in the same area. of course not. nct don't have only one territory, they have plenty. that's why 2 of their members are in japan, 4 of them in china, and the other 11 of them in their biggest territory: the whole city of seoul and its suburbs, in south korea.

so, it's nct's job to keep their territory and the people on their territory safe. normally, other clans shouldn't try to take their territory, but everything could happen, which meant that they should stay aware of everything and anything.

"hey, taeyong! have you seen that? three humans disappeared on our territory. it's in today's newspaper."johnny yelled across the living room.

taeyong, the leader of the clan, pure-blood, approached johnny and looked at the newspaper he was holding.

"we can't do anything for the moment. we'll wait for a few days, and if they don't reappear, we'll search them."

vampires aren't here to prevent humans from living. they share the same world. that's all. but they live different lives. vampires don't care actually if humans disappear or start a war between each other. however, as soon as vampires are involved, then, vampires can reply. vampires fight vampires. vampires don't fight humans. they have to protect their territory form vampires, not from humans.

the door of the house opened, revealing three grumpy teenagers.

"hello boys. how was school?" taeyong asked.

"boring." jisung replied nonchalantly.

"not useful." jeno added.

"seriously, why bothering to go to school when we know we will stay in the same class and learn the same things over and over again for the rest of time?" mark groaned.

taeyong sighed. "you know that we need people at school to check if there are any vampires attacking from there."

"yeah, whatever."jeno rolled his eyes.

"anyway! what happened today?"johnny asked folding the newspaper.

"jeno almost killed a human." jisung told.

johnny widened his eyes and stared at jeno.

"he called me a leech."

johnny burst out laughing.

"shut up! there's nothing funny." taeyong rolled his eyes. "go put your bags into your rooms, jaehyun, doyoung and taeil are going to hunt after. you can join them if you want."

the three teenagers walked to their shared room and plopped on the couches, throwing their bags in a corner of the room. they had no beds because they were vampires, meaning they didn't sleep.

"i really should have punched him."jeno stated staring at the ceiling.

"stop thinking about that."mark groaned.

"he called me a leech mark. a fucking leech. do you know what a leech is?"

mark looked at jeno. "yes, i do. and?"

"and that's exactly why i hate him."

"i wonder why they weren't with chenle." jisung's voice interrupted mark and jeno's bickering.

"c-chenle?" mark raised a brow.

"yeah, the small, bubbly and cute one."

"you know their names."mark widened his eyes in realisation.

"what's the fucker's name? i swear i'm going to find him and- "

mark cut him. "why the hell do you know their names?"

jisung's pale cheeks flushed red and he suddenly felt all shy. "w-well..."

"don't tell me you like him."

jisung didn't answer but lowered his head instead.

"i can't believe it!"mark exclaimed. "jisung likes a human!"

and for the next ten minutes, jisung chased mark who was running using his superspeed across the house screaming "jisung likes a human!" at the top of his lungs.

mark, jeno and jisung were sitting at their usual table at the canteen.

many eyes were glued on them, they were very aware of it, but they couldn't care less.

"so... who's the human who caught your eye?"jeno asked sipping on his blood bag.

jisung flushed red at the question and turned around shyly.

"see the table with the four boys over there?"he asked pointing towards a table. "it's the black haired one."

mark and jeno looked carefully at the boys at the table.

"oh... he's friends with the other fucker." jeno mumbled. "you know the others' names?"

"yes."jisung said. "the blond one is renjun, he is interested in vampires like chenle, because they are always talking about us when we pass near them. the blue-haired is- "

"fucker." jeno interrupted. "never mind."

"his name is jaemin. he hates vampires, and more particularly you. i don't know why though."

"don't worry, the feeling is reciprocated."jeno rolled his eyes.

"and, what do you know about the last one?"mark asked.

"golden glasses boy is donghyuck. he's an innocent boy from what i could see. his particularity is that he doesn't like vampires, just like jaemin."

mark nodded; his eyes glued on the tanned male who was scrolling through his phone.