† 22 †

the next day, mark had picked up donghyuck in the morning at his house, as he had promised, and donghyuck had been the happiest boy on earth.

they had spent the whole day together, only separating for their respective classes.

it was now the end of the day. donghyuck had walked to mark's classroom and he was currently waiting for the vampire's lesson to finish. to kill time, donghyuck took his phone out of his pocket and scrolled through social media.

"aren't you that hottie who was wearing the cat attire at the halloween party?" a boy interrupted him in his activity.

"uh... yes?" donghyuck raised his head to find himself facing one of the playboys of the school. he was well-known across the university, but donghyuck never knew he was interested in boys. he always thought he only liked girls.

"you were pretty fuckable out there, you know?" he said seductively, leaning on the wall just next to donghyuck as the tanned male backed away in fear.

"sorry, i can't." he blurted out, making the older boy laugh.

"i wasn't asking for your permission, kitty." he raised a brow, holding out his hand to grab donghyuck's arm probably, but he was cut in his actions by another hand that pinned his wrist to the wall and then chocked him.

"what didn't you understand when he said he couldn't?" the person growled, tightening his grip on the playboy's neck. "don't go near him ever again. and warn your crew. lee donghyuck has to stay away from your filthy hands. understood?"

the playboy quickly nodded before dashing out of view.

"a-are you hurt somewhere donghyuck?" the boy who had saved him asked the scared tanned male.

"n-no... thank you daniel."

the vampire stayed silent for an instant, looking at his feet, before daring to look at donghyuck.

"can we... i mean, we need to ta- "

"what the hell are you doing here?!" mark yelled, protectively blocking donghyuck from daniel's view. he had just gotten out from his last class of the day, excited to see his donghyuck, but instead of that, the sight he was welcomed by had made his blood boil.

"donghyuck and i need to talk." daniel replied flatly.

"no way." mark refused. "i told you to stay away from him. what didn't you understand?"

daniel rolled his eyes. "okay then... bye donghyuck. mark, you should take care of your human. if it wasn't for me, he would have been raped by mister playboy just five minutes ago. enjoy your life."daniel saluted before leaving.

mark widened his eyes and looking at donghyuck who had his brows furrowed.

"you didn't even let him explain..." donghyuck pouted.

"but... he hurt you." mark caressed donghyuck's hair. "and what's that story with mr playboy?"

"daniel just saved me, but we'll talk about this later. you should let him explain himself and apology. i don't have to accept his apology. besides, i already chose one..." donghyuck mumbled the last part so that mart couldn't hear.

mark thought for a second before running towards daniel.

if his donghyuck wanted to talk to daniel, then he will let him talk to daniel.

"daniel." mark said, making the other vampire stop in his tracks.

"what mark?"

mark swallowed his pride to pronounce this sentence. "come and have a last date with donghyuck. he is willing to let you explain yourself."

"donghyuck, i'm very sorry for hiding this from you." daniel said, lowering his head.

the two boys were at the café they had their first date in. mark had agreed to wait outside.

"why though?" donghyuck asked, still not understanding why he had been lied to.

"well... at first it wasn't important. we were friends, i had helped you at that convenience store you worked in and it didn't matter for you to know if i was a vampire or not. and then, we got closer, and honestly, i started developing a tiny crush on you. so that's when i thought about telling you, because in a good relationship, people have to be honest. but then, you told me that you hated vampires. and that's when my whole world crashed. i had already fallen for you, and i was a vampire... so i decided to keep the lie going on..."

donghyuck had his eyes widened. daniel didn't see it, he kept telling his story, eyes looking at his red brewage as if it was the most interesting thing.

"daniel..." donghyuck said softly, catching the attention of the vampire. "i'm very sorry for what i'm about to say... i do like you a lot daniel, but as a friend. we spent a lot of good time together, and we made good memories that i will cherish until i die for sure. i'm sorry about the false hopes that i gave you daniel, but my heart belongs to someone else..." donghyuck finished, a guilty look on his face.

"mark lee, isn't it?" daniel chuckled. "this boy stole me everything..." daniel let a stray tear fall out of his eye.

"i hope we can still be friends daniel. i understand if you need some time before coming back to me or something like that. just know that i'm not mad about you being a vampire, nor am i about the fact you lied to me about it, and this is not the reason i rejected you. so, please, don't feel bad because of it." donghyuck tried to reassure daniel who smiled a bit.

"don't worry donghyuck. it's okay. mark is impatiently waiting for you." he said with a head motion towards the door.

donghyuck turned around to see mark with a bright smile, waving at him. the tanned male blushed before waving back.

"you should go. i'm not mad donghyuck. i know that i'm noting compared to the mark lee." daniel smiled.

"don't say that!" donghyuck rose to his feet and playfully hit his shoulder. "you're an amazing vamp!"

"if you say so."

"see you soon daniel." donghyuck said, ruffling his hair.

"see you soon, donghyuck." daniel whispered, looking at donghyuck bouncing towards mark who engulfed the boy in a bear hug as soon as he exited the café.

"so, how did it go?" daewhi asked, sitting where donghyuck was just seconds ago, other members of wanna one joining soon after.

"i got rejected, as expected." daniel said with a sad smile.

"what do you want to do?" jisung asked.

"i want to exterminate nct." daniel growled.

seungwoo nodded. "will do then."

"however. keep donghyuck safe." daniel raised a finger. "this boy is an angel. nobody can hurt him or he deserves to be tortured forever."