THIRTEEN

The rest of the morning was boring, and there were only a few teenagers (which were a bloody nightmare). Some of them would point and snicker at me and whisper to their friends when I wasn't looking. I ignored them and continued working. Some of Cal's friends also popped in.

After my full lunch break at half one, I was stacking jars on the shelves, when another customer came in wearing a black Nike hoodie.

"Can I help you today?" I said, nervously. He had his hood up which made him look quite suspicious.

"Not right now," he replied.

"Okay, well whenever you're ready," I replied, and turned around.

"Alright there, son?" Cal asked me, sipping his coffee.

"Yeah..."

"I heard it's gonna brighten up for the rest of the day-"

In less than a second, the person grabbed the charity jar on the counter and sprinted out the door.

"That's him!...that's him! Damn, I should have known!" Cal shouted.

It took me a few moments to realise that he was referring to the pickpocket from across the road he mentioned previously.

"Don't worry Cal...I will catch him!" I said, sprinting after the thief.

I barged through several people and lost sight of him. I scoured around.

"Where are you, you bastard," I muttered.

Stopping, I heard the sound of someone gasping for breath.

At that moment, a woman rounded the corner, jogging past me. She gaped at me.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to startle you, Miss...wrong person..."

I carried on searching for him.

"Where are you hiding?" I muttered to myself.

Passing the corner, I heard someone gasping for breath.

I saw him, crouching.

I lunged at him, pushing him up against the wall.

"What the fuck do you think you're playing at!" I yelled, out of breath.

He was silent.

"Oh, not talking now, are we? Who the hell are you?" Pulling him towards me, I ripped off his hood.

I gasped, and he dropped the jar onto the ground.

"Josh?" I murmured.

He gulped.

"Nice to see you again, Fin-ball."