SEVENTEEN

"Sorry about that," he sighed, wrapping a blanket around him.

"Eh, that's okay," I replied, sitting on the air mattress.

"So..." I began.

"So, what?" he replied, intrigued.

"What's happened between Alana and you? Come on, spill it!" I joked.

"What do you mean, "what's happened between us?" he sighed.

"What! Something's happened! You had a massive fit at me earlier for mentioning her name!"

"I think she tried to get close to me, but I moved on, okay."

"What happened, though?"

"People started taking the piss out of her about liking this boy."

"Thomas?"

"Yeah."

"I mean...everyone knew she fancied him from the start, and they did take the piss out of her for it. When I started to like her, it pissed me off, I mean, that's my best friend-"

I coughed.

"One of my best friends."

"Better."

"But...I was hurt as well. He broke her so many times, but she still went back to him. I don't understand why...I mean, he bloody broke her!" he said angrily.

I was shocked.

"But. In the end, I just gave up, she tried to get close to me, but I didn't care anymore."

"Okay...that was depressing. Let's brighten the mood by scoffing some of those M&M's back there," I joked. He smiled, passing the bag.

"So tell me about your extravagant escape from prison," he chuckled.

"It wasn't extravagant, I just climbed out the window."

"Damn, I was hoping for some cool escape where you had to fight guards and do tricks and shit to get out."

"Technically I fought. But only a little one. With my roommate Ton. You'd like him. He's cool, and he helped me get through those years."

"Ton? That's his name?" he questioned.

"Ha. I had the same reaction as you when I heard his name for the first time. It's short for Braxton."

"That's clever. I would love to meet him." He scoffed down more M&M's.

"I'm sure he'd love to meet you too," I replied.

"What can I say? I'm a cool guy," he smirked.

"You haven't changed, have you?" I grinned.

"Not at all."

The rest of the night was spent scoffing more sweets, chatting, and playing Fortnite. We went to sleep at 4 am.

Now I'm glad I left. If I hadn't, I probably wouldn't have seen Josh again.

Things just seemed perfect now.