FIFTEEN

"Hey, Cal."

"Did you get him? I hope you gave him a right pasting!-"

"Hello..." Josh said, walking nervously into the shop.

"What the bloody hell is he doing here!" Cal shouted, grabbing the broom, and aiming it at him.

"Cal, calm down, drop the broom," I said.

"Don't tell me to calm down! He's bloody stolen from me!"

"Look, I've got you the money," I said, timidly.

"Good. Now, go on you, shoo." He pointed at the front door.

"One second Cal."

He put the broom aside.

"This is Josh, he was my best mate growing up-"

"Of course he bloody was," Cal interrupted.

"Believe me, I was just as shocked as you...I mean, that was my best mate...and I'd never picture him doing something like that, especially to you." I passed the money to Josh, which he gave to Cal.

"I'm sorry...Mr Callaghan. I truly am. I'm sorry for putting you through all of this," Josh said.

He looked him up and down.

"You promise not to do it again? Not just to me, but everyone," Cal asked, sternly.

"And you'll pay me back the money you owe?"

"Yes sir..." Josh replied.

"I guess that's fine then," Cal sighed.

"Yeah...um...Josh asked me to come and sleep over his tonight?...if I can't, obviously, we'll hang out another time-"

"Of course you can go out. You're a young man. Go have fun, I'm fine here," Cal answered, grinning.

"Great! It's nearly three now, I'll come and meet Finn - Cae! At around five-ish?" Josh asked.

"Of course."

"Well, I'll be off...Finn - Cae! Sorry again Mr C." Josh waved.

"Well...he seems like a nice boy..." Cal said, nervously.

"He's much better once you get to meet him."

"Hmm...I guessed that."

There weren't many customers towards the end of the day, so it was pretty relaxed. When it turned five o'clock, I grabbed my bag from his great-grandsons room and waved him goodbye.