Chapter~4

*3rd person POV*
"Zhan...its been three days...now even you won't share with us that incident back in your high school?" Ji li asks out of nowhere, nervously. They were sitting in the cafeteria. The three of them were sitting and talking until ji li pops up the question.
"Zhan-ge...pls tell us...so that it will be better for us to understand you and if necessary...protect you too..." Zhu zan jin says really sincerely. Zhan smiles at both of them.
"You two...really curious,eh? Alright..I'm telling you but u guys have to promise not to mention about this to anyone. Deal?" Zhan says and looks at both of them.
"Of course we won't tell anyone dummy! We are best friends right?!" Ji li says and pouts. Zhan laughs at his friend.
"Tell us...." Zan jin says and he and ji li waits patiently for zhan to speak.
*Flashback 4 years ago*
There was going to be an inter-school basketball tournament and 15 mins before the match team's captain Oh Sehun gathered all of his team members for a talk.

*Flashback 4 years ago*There was going to be an inter-school basketball tournament and 15 mins before the match team's captain Oh Sehun gathered all of his team members for a talk

"Alright guys....i want you all to focus and concentrate purely. We play to win...but,..even if we don't...we have to remember that we did our best. Now where are my two star players??" He says and scans the group for the two certain players." Xiao zhan? Huang jingyu? Where are u guys?"
"Here sehun!" 16 year old xiao zhan pips up.
"Oh! OK now where is ur best friend Jingyu??" Sehun asks. Zhan shrugs.
"He said he was going to change---oh there he is!" A boy called Xu weizhou shouts as Jingyu comes into the room.
"Sry guys...what did i miss??" He says and moves to stand beside his best is Xiao zhan.
"OK...zhan ..jingyu....you guys are the best players in our team...so likewise the opponent team members might strongly target you two to go down. Be really careful okay? And ofc play like a pro as always. Sehun smiles at his team. Just then the whistle sounded for the two teams to come to the grounds.
"OK lets do it" sehun says and sets off with the rest of the team.
"Jingyu-a ...i don't know why but i have a very nasty feeling about todays match...something....bad..." Xiao zhan says holding his friends hand.
"Don't worry zhan zhan...it maybe just nervousness...don't worry....we will play good..YOU will play good.." Jingyu pats zhan's back as they enter the field.

The match starts and within 5 mins Xiao zhan scores

The match starts and within 5 mins Xiao zhan scores. Next jingyu scores and then weizhou and other team members but jingyu and xiao zhan were the ones who scored the most. But the other team wasn't lacking behind. Soon they were 9-9. One hoop...and a team wins. He peng, the opposite team captain was enraged. They always lost against Sehun's team...but today was the final straw...he had to do something....he had to take down the best player of sehun's team.....but who ? Xiao zhan or huang jingyu?...suddenly an idea popped up in his mind and he smirked evilly. He whispered something to one of his fellow team member. The team member's eyes widened.
"H-he peng..a-are you s-sure?!"
"Just do as i say you idiot!" He peng whisper-shouted and the team member quickly nodded. The match was going on. None of the team scored so far. Xiao zhan tried to score but narrowly missed. He passed the ball to sehun...but just as sehun tried to catch it Xuan hai , a opponent team member catched it quickly and dribbled off. He stopped running and dribbled the ball and looked at he peng who nodded his head smirking and stood behind Xiao zhan. Xuan hai threw the ball in Xiao zhan and he peng's direction. Everyone thought xuan hai was passing the ball to he peng but little did they know xuan hai intentionally aiming the ball for Xiao zhan's head. Nobody noticed the trick....except jingyu. His eyes widened as he realized what was going to happen.
"ZHAN!" Jingyu screamed and pushed Xiao zhan out of the way and the heavy basketball hit jingyu's head really hard. Jingyu felt dizzy and he fell on the ground but soon he groaned again as his head hit hard again on the solid concrete pitch. His head started to bleed.
"JINGYU-A!!!" Xiao zhan screamed andran towards his best friend.
The whole team rushed quickly at jingyu who was already unconscious. He peng and Xuan hai stood frozen on their spots....this was not supposed to happen....he only intended to injure him....
"Jingyu! Wake up! Please!" Sehun screamed as he shaked jingyu's body. Zhan was a crying mess. He couldn't hear the sight of of his best friend in this condition....his started to spin as he saw jingyu's head bleeding really badly. The teachers started to check him and soon the ambulance arrived and they took jingyu away. Xiao zhan was still crying. Sehun was others were comforting him. Soon he felt a hand on his shoulders.
"Zhan zhan, calm down please. He will be alright. Lets go to the hospital to see him Okay?" Zhan looked back and saw his brother zhuo cheng's face. His parents were also standing there. While jingyu's parents were already gone to the hospital.
=at hospital=
They were pacing infront of the cabin. The team members were all there. Zhan's mom was sitting beside jingyu's mom and comforting her. Zhuo Cheng sat beside zhan. Xiao zhan looked pale. What if something happened to jingyu? He saw how badly his head was bleeding.zhuo cheng didn't say anything as he knew when to keep quiet but instead put his hand on his brother's shoulders. After few minutes the doctor came out. Every one rushed towards him. Zhan's heart started to beat fast seeing the doctor's forlorn face. he stood up
"Doctor how is he? " Xiao zhan's father asked as jingyu's parents were too nervous right now.
" Mr. Huang's head was really badly injured. The ball was hit hard on his head with a abnormal force. His skull cracked. But the injury was exaggerated after his head hit again on the ground on the same spot and caused a lot of bleeding. I'm sorry...i couldn't save him...." The doctor said and left. Everyone was quiet. Xiao zhan fell back on his seat. His heart crushed in to pieces. Tears ran down his face uncontrollably.
=huang jingyu's funeral=
It was a bright summer afternoon. Xiao zhan and jingyu usually spent these kind days outdoors playing. Now...itvwas over....he was gone.... A single tear ran down zhan's face as he looked his best friends casket.....from that day on....Xiao zhan vowed...he will never....ever ....play basketball again...a game that had cost his beloved friend's life...

*End of flashback*
Zhu zan jin and ji li was frozen in their seats after Xiao zhan recounted the story. Zhan looked at their faces and sighed.
"That...was....so...." Zan jin trailed off as he couldn't find words.
"I'm sorry zhan.." Ji li said with a hurtful tone.
"Its alright guys....its been many years....i learned to move on from the depression....but promise me that you will never tell it to anyone ...its between us..alright? Just us. " zhan said
"We promise....don't worry....we wont mention it to anyone...but will you come to see the upcoming match? I mean..it is fine if u don't want--" ji li was cut off by zhan.
"I'll go. Lets see if i can face it." Zhan smiles his signature bunny smile.Zan jin and ji li's faces lit up with their hearts corely melted by zhan's bright smile.

Zan jin and ji li's faces lit up with their hearts corely melted by zhan's bright smile

They set off for their next class. Little did they know that everything Xiao zhan had said was secretly heard by another person standing a few distance away from them.He couldn't stop himself listening nor could he stop his heart beating at a terrific speed after seeing Xiao zhan flash his beautiful smile.

He couldn't stop himself listening nor could he stop his heart beating at a terrific speed after seeing Xiao zhan flash his beautiful smile

.
.
.
.
.
.thanks for reading😘