Chapter~24

*wang yibo pov*
Within a hour, they reached the hospital and quickly took zhan to emergency. Yibo sat down in front of the cabin on a waiting chair with his face buried in his hands. The dark void of lifelessness which crowded his insides for the last few days, started to go away and a sliver of hope shone through his heart. But still the worry didn't cease.

Will he be alright? Yibo thought while staring at the closed door of zhan's cabin where doctors where checking on him. Yubin went to one corner to inform the parents about zhan and come to the hospital. Zhuo Cheng rushed towards the reception counter for the bills. Haikuan sat beside yibo.

"Yibo, dont worry. He will be alright. Just have some faith, OK?" Haikuan ressured his brother. Yibo looked at haikuan.

"I know he will be fine, but still i can't help but worry. I can't help it." Yibo said in a low voice. Haikuan smiled.

"I knew zhan through Cheng. During his school days, i often saw him faint from exhaustion or get hurt. He had iron deficiency, and somehow always made himself over worked. No matter how much Cheng or his friend Jingyu scolded him not to pressure himself, he still didn't listen. He continued and made himself ober worked and exhausted. But he had a strong will power. He was strong not only from outside, but inside too. And all i know after all those years is that, zhan is not someone who will give up on his life so easily until or unless there is total lose of hope. So dont worry. Have faith in him." Haikuan said and patted yibo's back.

Yibo looked at his brother with wonder. If zhan, zhuo cheng and his brother studied in the same school, how could it be that yibo never saw zhan? After all he was in the same school too. But he never got to know him...why? Then realisation hit him hard. He wasn't a very social person when he was young and often spent his time during the lunch breaks inside some practice rooms to avoid attention. Would all be different if he knew zhan from the beginning? He faintly remembers playing with zhan at Xiao mansion when he was mabye two years old. But other than that small piece of memory,he had nothing else.

Yubin arrived at his side.

"Kuan-ge, yibo, i informed yours and zhan's parents. Ji li and zan jin will be here soon too." Yubin said. Haikuan smiled.

"Thank you yubin, u have helped us a lot this time." Haikuan said.

"Please dont mention it. Zhan is my friend too. As a friend its my duty to keep him safe." Yubin said but then his eyes fall on the blood stain on yibo's shirt; his injured arm.

"Yibo....i think you should treat your wound. Dont leave it like that."

Yibo looked at yubin. He almost forgot about his gunshot wound as he was too focused on zhan. Now that he remembered it, the stinging pain seemed to come back and he hissed.

"Yibo, I'm calling a doctor, you wait here." Haikuan said and left. After a while he came back with a doctor at his heels. He followed the doctor into a room and let him treat his wound.

After his arm was bandaged, He came out and saw his parents, zhan's parents, ji li and zan jin standing infront of zhan's cabin.

Zhang jing's eyes fall on yibo.

"Yibo! Are u alright??! I heard that u got shot?" Zhang jing said and came towards yibo to check on the latter. Carman lee followed.

"I'm fine aunty Zhang. The main thing is, zhan is alright now." Yibo said while smiling at zhan's mother. He then hugged his own mother when he saw carman lee shed a drop of tear.

"Yah! Mom! Stop crying I'm alright now." Yibo said while pouting. Carman smiled.

"No, I'm crying happy tears. My baby boy yibo has grown up and become so strong. He now pproved that he is good enough to protect and stand beside his loved ones." Carman said while wiping her tears. Yibo rolled his eyes at his mother.