Chapter~5

Hi guys! So I'm in a mood of celebration because, i just finished watching 23 C-DRAMAS in 3 weeks. I also couldn't believe it myself as Previously i wasn't quite interested in dramas so but now.....i finished watching so many! Well....what else can i do to spend time during this stupid pandemic!? Anyways , i wrote this chapter as a celebration for this. Enjoy!😊

*Xiao zhan POV*
After going home, he finished doing his homework and decided to video call his brother. He waited for Cheng to receive his call and after a few rings he was met by the face of zhuo cheng.
"XIAO ZHAN!!!!" Cheng exclaimed and grinned.
"Lo' a-cheng! How are guys??" Zhan asked.
"We are completely fine! Tell me about you! Why did u not call all these weeks you brat?!" Cheng said and made a grumpy face.
Xiao zhan laughed at his bad-tempered brother. " sorry Cheng..it was just I was busy...u know...studies and all...but today i gota chance to call."
"Idiot...wait let me call mom,dad and a- yuan" cheng said and disappeared from the screen. Zhan waited and after a while his dad, mom and little brother appeared on the screen.
"Zhan-ge! How are u!? I miss u so much!!!" Yuan whined and zhan laughed.
"I'm fine a-yuan. How is your school? Is cheng-ge helping u in homework??" Zhan asked
" not that much....he looses patience after a little while." Yuan pouts.
"Hey! At least  i help don't i? Its your fault if u don't understand!" Cheng snapped  at his lil bro.Everyone laughed.
"How are you son? Do u like the university? Do u like the house?" His dad asked zhan.
"All is great dad....but the house....its great but...isn't it too big for one person to stay in? " zhan pouts.
"Haha...ofc my son is going away far from home. As a dad its my responsibility to make sure everything is perfect" his dad said.
"Zhan zhan, are u having any problems adjusting there? The
food and all??" Zhan's mom asked.
"Everything's just fine mom. And u taught me how to cook didn't u? How can i ever have problems again? " zhan said with a smile. They talked for a while. Zhan told them about the city, his new classes and the new friends he made. After saying goodbye and ending the call, zhan let his body fall on the bed. He was bored. It was evening. He didn't have anything to do. There was not much to study today. He decided to go out and roam around the place a bit. He wore his jacket and set out.
He roamed around for a while and ended up in front of his university. He saw the lights still turned on. The main gate was also unlocked. He hesitantly entered and saw some students sitting on the stairs chatting. He looked around and saw there was another bunch of people laughing around and talking.
"So the university is open for hanging out during these hours?" Zhan muttered to himself. He walked around and unconsciously he walked into the sports auditorium. He didn't even notice how he got there. He decided to take a look inside. He opened the doors and went inside. The whole place was empty. Only 5 lights were turned on . His footsteps echoed around the enormous hall. His eyes fall on a corner were there were many balls and badminton rackets were kept. He went towards corner and saw there were five volleyballs and 2 basketballs kept. He absentmindedly reached towards the basketballs. Before he could stop himself he was already dribbling the ball on the ground. The loud thud echoed around the whole hall. He wanted to stop dribbling but he couldn't. His skills were still really smooth even after not playing for so many years. He started to run towards the hoop dribbling the ball and made a clean, skillful throw and the basketball soared over the air and went through the hoop. He was surprised that even after not playing for so many years....he still was a pro. Before he could stop himself, he took the ball and aimed for the hoop again. He scored again. He did it again and again. He didn't understand why. While he was playing off his basketball skills his mind drifted off to the happy times in the past....when he, jingyu and his team practicing and winning almost every match. He remembered the cheerful times when he, zhuo cheng and jingyu played basketball in their garden. Cheng was always vincible when playing with the two perfect players: huang jingyu and Xiao zhan....zhan remembered how he loved playing basketball and considered the game as his oxygen.....then suddenly the scene of jingyu lying in  a pool of blood from his head and very much dead, flashed across zhan's mind....the ball fell with a loud echoing thud from his hand. The scene of his best friend's death still gave him nightmares....yet zhan was still here.....skillfully playing his once favorite game. He stared blankly ahead of him. But a sudden cold, husky voice snapped him out of his thoughts.
"Seems like u were right.....you really are a brilliant basketball player"