Chapter~10

*3rd person POV*
Yibo stayed with zhan for the rest of the day. He didn't want to leave afraid zhan might be in danger. Zhan also enjoyed yibo's company. Although he was still weak, yibo's presence made him feel a lot better. He felt comfortable....safe...protected. He felt like the times in the past whenever he was sick. His mother would make him all kinds of favorite food. His father would wake up in the middle ofthe nights to check up on him. Even his bad tempered brother stayed with him scolding him if he didn't eat or take his medicines properly and his lil brother would stay by his side sleeping with him and keep him amused. Now it was the same except his parents and siblings weren't there....it was yibo. Although it was only one person, he still felt supported. Yibo made him eat every 2hours. Zhan liked it. Yibo did too. Made them both happy without them understanding why they were having these kind of gut feelings. Everytime their eyes met their hearts would race in the marathon. Both of them were completely foreign to this kind of sensations in their hearts. They didn't understand what it was about but was convinced that it wasn't anything negative. They spend the whole day together talking and laughing, zhan resting on the bad while yibo sitting on the chair close to the bedside. Time seemed to pass slowly as if the nature intentionally slowed down time to give yibo and zhan enough time to talk and enjoy and get to know more about each other. At last, after a long while they saw it was evening. Zhan looked at the time and then at yibo. A slight guilt overtook him.
"Yibo...will you not leave...?? I mean i surely do enjoy ur company but..isn't it effecting ur daily routine? U must have works to do..studies...and other stuff..." Zhan said and dropped his head and fiddling with his fingers.
"I'm not leaving until or unless you are completely stable enough to get out of the blanket without fainting. The end. Full stop." Yibo said sternly. Their was a certain authority in his voice which made the other man clear that it will be no use giving excuses...cuz he is not leaving. Yibo didn't want to leave him. What if zhan faints again? What if he feels dizzy while descending tge stairs and he falls down the stairs? No. There was no way he was going to leave Xiao zhan like this. A certain urge to protect him arose inside his heart. He couldn't see zhan like this. It made him feel empty and broken. He still could not understand the reason behind this fluttering feelings. But he liked them. It made him feel happy.
"So...does that mean ur gonna...stay...overnight..?" Zhan asked in a small voice. Some part of him wanted Yibo to stay by his side. But another part of him said that it wasn't right cuz yibo was leaving all out all his works. He didn't know which side to take in.
"Yes." Came yibo's again stern confident answer. Zhan looked sideways at yibo who was sitting on the chair reading zhan's medical prescription. He sighed. He liked this side of yibo. He liked the way yibo smiled whenever he was with him. But it still confused him. Why did yibo behave so nicely with zhan while giving everyone in the university a cold shoulder. Yibo was known for being the 'poker face stone statue'. He never smiled or talked much. He had a cold attitude and piercing gaze. But when alone with zhan,he was the most charming person ever alive. He smiled to his heart content and talked  whole heartedly. His cold piercing gaze would turn into a soft warm gaze. Zhan liked it alot. But he wanted to ask why yibo why was he an exception to his behavior. But realized it was not the time. He realized that he was staring at yibo. Before he could look away yibo looked at him.
"Is their anything wrong? Do you...do you feel sick??" You asked in a concerned voice and touched zhan's forehead.
"Nah. I'm completely fine. I was just lost in a train of thoughts." Zhan answered quickly.
"The temperature is still quite high." Yibo muttered ans sighed. Then added " what were u thinking that made u so lost" yibo asked softly, slightly leaning in towards zhan.
Zhan didn't want to tell that he was thinking about yibo.
"Well..i was thinking about the university...when will i be able to attend...." Zhan lied.
" as soon as u get stable enough. I myself will take u to the university. U will have to rest for at least a week." Yibo said softly. Zhan huffed and pouted. Yibo smiled at his cuteness and his heart fluttered.
"U will get better soon." Yibo said again. Zhan looked at yibo and huffed.
"I want to eat chocolate" zhan pouted again. Yibo blushed seeing the cute bunny infront of him.My poor heart. Yibo thought. Just then the doorbell rang.
" i will go get it." Yibo said and left the room. He opened the door and saw Ji li, zan jin and yubin standing there.
"YIBO!!!! HOW IS ZHAN!? IS HE ALRIGHT!? HE TOLD ME THAT HE WAS REALLY WEAK. IS HE FINE!? DID HE TAKE HIS MEDS!? DID HE EAT!?HOW IS HIS FEVER!?!?" Ji li bombarded yibo with questions. Yubin and zan jin laughed.
"Aish! Why are u asking so many questions!?" Yibo said irritated as he closed the door and let the three of them inside.
"Yibo-ge , ji li-ge has gone totally crazy to see zhan-ge. I was also worried so yubin-ge said that we should come together to see whether zhan-ge was okay ot not." Zan jin said. Yibo sighed.
"He is fine. But still he is weak...his temperature is still high..he fainted when i came to see him this afternoon " yibo said.
"He fainted?!" Yubin asked. Yibo recounted the story to them and their face expressions changed to worry.
"Lets go see him" yibo said and lead them upstairs. All three of their eyes zeroed at zhan's state. He looked like hell.
"Hey GUYS!!!" Zhan said weakly. The three of them rushed towards the bed and kneeled beside the bed.
"God.....zhan....what happened to ur handsome face! U look like a zombie! Didn't u eat?! U look so weak!" Yu bin said.
"Its just a seasonal flu and a bad cold. Don't worry I'll be fine within a week." Zhan smiled.
"Zhan-ge please get better! Is yibo-ge taking care of u nicely?" Zan jin asked.
" if i wasn't taking care of him properly then he wouldn't be able to talk like this." Yibo snapped. Yu bin signalled yibo to come out of the room for a while. Yibo got out leaving jin, li and zhan to talk.
"So how is it going yibo?" Yubin asked with a smirk.
"How what? " yibo asked.
"Are u enjoying?" Yubin asked emphasizing the enjoying part.
"Yubin......." Yibo said in a threatening voice and glared at his friend.
"OK OK chill. Here i packed ur clothes." Yubin said and gave yibo a backpack. Yibo's eyes widened
"How the bloody hell did u enter my house!?!? It was locked!" Yibo asked yubin in an angry tone.
"U always forget to lock the back door. I figured u will be staying to care of YOUR sick zhan so i packed some of ur clothes." Yubin said in a sarcastic tone. Yibo took the bag.
"Thanks. But don't think I'll forgive u for barging inside my house, Dust-Bin....." Yibo said and went inside zhan's room. Yubin laughed and sighed.
"Love sick fool" Yubin said and went inside to see zhan.
=time skip=

After zan jin, ji li and yubin left, yibo helped zhan to come down the stairs slowly and made him sit down on the couch in the living room as he wanted to watch TV. Zhan sat down and yibo gave him a blanket. He turned on the TV.
"I will go make ur dinner. Stay here." Yibo said and went towards the kitchen. As the kitchen was open to the living area, zhan turned his head and stared at the man behind the counter. He observed every movement of yibo as he moved around to make food for both himself and zhan. He smiled unconsciously. He snapped out of his daze when his phone rang. He looked around and found his phone beside him. He gulped as he looked at the caller id. 'Zhuo cheng'. His brother might have noticed that zhan wasn't calling for a long time and felt something was wrong. So he decided to video call to see his Younger brother. Yibo noticed zhan's expression and came to sit beside him. Yibo leaned sideways to see that zhan's older brother had called him. He knew who zhuo cheng was but didn't want zhan to know that yibo had researched about him. He decided to play dumb.
"Who is zhuo cheng?" Yibo asked innocently.
"My brother" zhan said
"Won't you pick up the call?"yibo asked
"I didn't tell my family that i was sick and zhuo cheng video called now and he will see my face. It will be a pretty obvious that im sick and my whole family will bawl their eyes out." Zhan said and the ringing stopped. Yibo sighed.
"U need to tell them." Yibo said gently.
"I know" zhan said. Just then his phone rang again. Zhan took a deep breath and prepared himself for the wrath of his brother. He answered the call.
"Hey, a-cheng!"
"Zhan, why dont u call any more u brat!?" Zhuo Cheng said.
"Er......" Zhan trailed off. Cheng noticed his brother's weak voice and pale sunken face. Cheng's eyes darkened.
"Xiao zhan, u tell me what the hell happened to you or else im flying to Shanghai myself." Cheng said and glared at his brother through the video chat. There was both anger and worry reflected in cheng's eyes....but the worry was more evident.
Zhan gulped and proceeded to say everything from the start.