Chapter~13

*3rd person POV*
Finally after a long day, it was finally the time to go to the sea side as yibo had promised. Zhan was beyond excited. After 2 days, some colors finally made its way to his pale face. Yibo was also happy seeing zhan so delighted. He helped zhan walk up to his car which was still there as it was yesterday when yibo had arrived. He made him sit in the passenger seat .
"Zhan wait inside the car for a moment, i need to make a call. I'll be right back." Yibo said and zhan nodded as he closed the door of the passenger seat. Yibo went to stand at the back of the car and called the person.
"You can come now. Make sure to finish everything by 9:00pm." Yibo said in the line and cut the call as he recieved consent. He went to the car and sat on tge driver's seat and started the engine.
"May i ask u...if u dont mind...who did u call...?" Zhan asked hesitantly. Yibo smirked at zhan.
"You will know soon." Yibo said and drove out of the house. It took two hours for them to reach the shore. Yibo parked the car nearby and helped zhan out. Zhan's eyes sparkled with happiness as he saw the view of his most favorite place in the world. He smiled seeing the waves wash up on the glittering sand. It was early in the evening and it was not that sunny and a gentle sea breeze blew making a comfortable atmosphere. Yibo took zhan to the spot where there were not many people around. The sun was about to set in about an hour. Yibo laid down the mat on the sand and helped zhan to sit. He sat beside him and looked zhan who gazed ahead of him, watching the horizon and the waves crash upon the shore. They both sat in silence and listened to the splashing sound of the waves.
"Is there any specific reason why u like the seaside so much??" Yibo asked zhan who was closing his eyes, paying attention to the sound of waves. When he heard yibo's voice, he opened his eyes and smiled at yibo.
"Its just....its the only place which helps me calm down. The peaceful environment, gentle breeze and the sound of the waves crashing upon the shore makes me feel as if there is no sadness and pain in the world. When i was young, whenever i used to get sad or angry, i used to go to the beach. I used to seat on the sand for hours watching the restless sea water. The restless waves felt like the rhythm of my thoughts. I felt as if the sea washed away all my sadness and pain and left me contented. I was more frequent in coming here after the death of jingyu.... I used to come to the beach everyday and sit for hours, ofc my dad used to send guards to come with me. But they stood in the distance giving me time for myself...." Zhan finished and took a deep breath. Yibo was looking at zhan all the time. He smiled.
"Ur right...the sea is actually something else....."yibo said. They talked and laughed more for half an hour. The sun was about to set. They watched the mesmirizing sunset view before them and remained silent. Yibo looked at zhan. The setting sun send brilliant light upon zhan's face so that,His face looked brilliantly dazzling.

"Zhan

"Zhan.....do you want to know the reason why i always maintain a cold, arrogant and stoic face all the time?" You asked out of the blue. zhan snapped his head at yibo's direction with large eyes. He sat up straight and quickly nodded his head. His face shown with curiosity. Yibo laughed at zhan and took a deep breath before continuing.
"It was two years ago. I was just any other boy, happy and content with myself. What else could i ask for? I have a rich, loving family, the best brother anyone can ever get, loads of admirers and so on. There was only one thing missing.Love. I craved for someone who i can love with all my heart and give everything for the person and she will love me back the same way. I finally found someone. Her name was Chen Zhuo Xuan. She was really beautiful. Not only that, she had a great personality. Kind, caring and loving. I had proposed to her. She had accepted. We dated for two years and those two years were the best times of my life. But....good things doesn't always last....do they...? One day i was having a normal day in school. Chen zhuo xuan didn't come that day. She told me that she was going to come but she didn't. I started to get worried. But at just the moment i was going to dial her number, i got a call from my brother. He told Zhuo xuan had a serious car accident. She was in hospital. I ran to the hospital running as if my life depended on it. I arrived and was met with grim faces of the doctors. One of them came to me and said '' im worry'' and went away. My brother was standing there looking at me with sad eyes. I ran to him and saw that he was standing infront a door and i saw zhuo xuan's lifeless body lying there.....that was it....from that day on i fell into a deep depression. After a lot of therapy and counseling...i finally recovered. But i was never the same again. I trapped myself inside my body and put on a fake mask of arrogance so that no one would approach me only to break my heart yet again......" Yibo said and let out a sad smile. Zhan stared at the man beside him. His face full of emotions. But he knew better than to comfort yibo.
"I am sorry......" Zhan said and looked down. Yibo looked at him and smiled at zhan.
"Dont be....it was a long time ago...I've moved on...." Yibo said and smiled.
"I have one question though......" Zhan said slowly. He decided to ask yibo the question he was craving to ask him for a long time.
"What is it??" Yibo asked and looked at zhan with concern.
"U are so cold to every one.....every one cowers once they receive a death glare from Wang Yibo.....but why are u so warm,free and smiley-faced to me.....???" Zhan asked without looking at yibo. Yibo stayed silent for few seconds. Then he finally spoke.
"Honestly.....i don't know......its just....its hard for me to remain with a fake expression whenever im around you....." Yibo trailed off and sighed. Zhan looked at yibo with a questioning look. Yibo continued.
"But one thing I'm sure of....i definitely have strong feelings for you. But i still couldn't figure out what the feeling is about."yibo said and looked ahead of him. The sun was just milimeters from the horizon.
'' would you tell me....when you've figured it out..?" Zhan asked and looked at yibo. His eyes were filled with millions of emotions.
Yibo looked at zhan and gave a small smile.
"You'll be the first one to know." Yibo said and looked at zhan. Their eyes met. Both of the eyes reflecting hords of confused emotions. They stared at each other for a long time but finally looked away, blushing. They gazed at the view before them until the sun finally set. There was still a dim light across the sky. The breeze became a tad bit colder and zhan slightly shivered. Yibo noticed it and quickly stood up.
"Zhan lets go." Yibo said and extended his hand. Zhan frowned.
"But i want to stay for a bit more...." Zhan said. Yibo sighed.
"U will catch cold. And the last thing i want is for u to get more sick." Yibo said and zhan sighed in defeat.
"Fine....but....i want to eat chocolate...." Zhan said as they made their way towards the car. Once they werw inside. Yibo looked at zhan.
"Which chocolate u want to eat??" Yibo asked and helped zhan to fasten his seatbelt.
"Royce." Zhan said and yibo drove off to the nearest store. He bought the chocolate but before zhan could take them, he moved them away to the backseat.
"After we get home." Yibo said and zhan pouted.
"Mean." Zhan mumbled and yibo chuckled at his cuteness.
=time skip, at zhan's house=
"U need to shower." Yibo said.
"I don't want to...its cold..." Zhan said and sighed.
"Don't worry...water heater is already installed. Zhan turned with wide eyes towards yibo, his mouth hanging open.
"What!?"
"I already installed it few hours ago."
"Few hours ago...!?!?"
"Yeah. While we were in the beach. The workers came and fixed the water heater."
"That's what the call was about......????!!!!"
"Yes." Yibo smiled. Zhan gaped at yibo. Before yibo could say anything else zhan threw himself on yibo and hugged him tightly. Yibo turned red but hugged him back.
"YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!" Zhan screamed and yibo grinned. His heart raced seeing zhan so happy.
After zhan took a good shower. Yibo made him sit on the couch and fed him as usual. After dinner yibo gave zhan the Royce chocolates he bought. Zhan started eating them and yibo ate his own dinner.

 Zhan started eating them and yibo ate his own dinner

After finishing everything, it was time for bedtime. Yibo made zhan lie down. He turned off the light and turned on the beside lamp.
"Want me to sleep beside you again??" Yibo said and smirked. Zhan didn't say anything but felt his face turn hot and he quickly covered his face with the blanket. He heard yibo chuckle and felt the empty side of the bed sink down as yibo slid beside him. He squeezed his eyes shut as he felt yibo's arms wrap around him and fill him with warmth. After a while, he relaxed himself. He placed his hands on yibo's, which were resting on his lower chest.
"Goodnight yibo."
❤❤❤❤❤