Chapter~19

=3rd person POV*
Its been two days since the incident. Xiao zhan returned to his own house after getting his new made keys. After the threat message, yibo has been super protective about zhan. He picks him up from home and drops him at his home after uni. Even during the middle of the night yibo comes in front of zhan's house with his bike and watches over zhan while sitting on his bike. Zhan does not know about this, nor does he know that his life is in danger. He only knows that yibo has been really over protective lately. Its not that its annoying. He enjoys it. But is still confused as hell. His parents will be arriving tomorrow midnight. Not only them but also yibo's parents. Zhan wondered why suddenly all of them are behaving so weird.whenever his parents or brother called the first question they would ask is 'Are you ok?'. Even Yibo's brother Haikuan called him time to time. Its been a while since haikuan talked to zhan but suddenly he seems quite anxious to talk to zhan and he too would ask whether he is OK or not. Something was wrong. He was sure of it. His family, yibo's family are all acting as if someone's gonna kill him anytime. He decided that today he will ask yibo about this. He was currently sitting I inside yibo's car while the latter drove to the uni.

Meanwhile yibo was going insane with desperation. He couldn't sleep properly nor eat. The only thing going inside his mind was 'have to protect zhan no matter what'. He keeps his eyes on zhan almost every moment and also when zhan thinks that yibo is not around, he secretly follows. He told about it to yubin, zan jin and ji li and forbidded them to mention anything to zhan. They were equally worried and swore to keep an eye on their friend. Yibo decided that he will confess today...confess as in...he will tell zhan bout his feelings...he didn't care if zhan rejected. He had to say about his feelings to him cause he cant keep it in much longer. It was suffocating him. And by doing that, he can keep zhan close to him and protect him by not feeling awkward. He looked sideways at zhan who was looking outside the car window. He smiled softly.

They reached the university. Yubin, li and jin came running towards them. It was pretty late and after 20 mins class was going to start. They were talking while going for their class until suddenly zhan remembered something.

"SHIT!" Zhan exclaimed.
"What happened zhan-ge?" Zan jin asked.
"I forgot to bring my homework assignment. It was marking. If i dont submit it then professor will cut my marks off my finals." Zhan said and turned around quickly to leave for his home. Yibo grabbed his wrist.

"Where do you think you are going?!". Yibo asks sternly.
"I have to bring my homework or else its gonna effect my grades! I swear I'll be back within 20 mins. Please let me go for now!"

"OK let me come with u--"
"No no yibo, u guys go to the class I'll be back. Just tell the proffesor that i took a short emergency leave and will be back soon after a 20 mins." Zhan said and proceeded to get away.

"Zhan., i really dont think---" yubin was cut off by a desperate zhan.

"Please. Its fine. I'll be okay." Zhan said and quickly ran away towrds the exit before anyone can continue. Yibo proceeded to follow zhan as he cant leave him alone but was stoped by ji li.

"Yibo, i know zhan is in constant danger but don't follow him now. Pray that he will be okay. He said he will be back soon. If u now follow him, professor will be pissed off." Ji li said and yubin agreed with him.

"Ji li is right yibo. Let him go. If he is not back within 25 mins then we will together go okay?" Yubin said. Yibo bit his lip. He then reluctantly nodded and went inside the class.

Yibo was getting restless as the seconds ticked by. Yubin was also sorry of tensed while zan jin was chewing his nails in anxiety and ji li's mind was elsewhere.

10 mins.....

15 mins.....

Next class starts.

20 mins....

25 mins.....

35 mins....

1 hour.....

....there was no sign of zhan...
Yibo stood up. His insides were burning. Everyone looked at him weirdly. The professor furrowed his eyebrows.

Mr. Wang...? Is there anything---hey! Yibo! Where do YOU THINK UR GOING!?" The professor shouted as yibo walked to the door and ran out. Zan jin, yubin and ji li did the same and went after yibo, ignoring the professor's rambling.

Yibo didn't even bother to take his car and ran on the sidewalk in full speed. Yubin, ji li and zan jin were running behind him following him. The sky started to grow dark indicating that a storm was going to down pour soon. The three of them ran until they reached zhan's house. Yibo catched his breath. The three of them looked around desperately.

"Where is he!?" Ji li said.

"...guys...look.." Zan jin said in a hollow tone while staring at something on the ground. They all looked at it. There was a backpack sprawled upon the road. Zhan's bag. Beside the bag, few drops of blood was smeared on the dark asphalt of the road. All three of their hearts dropped in their stomach.

Yibo felt as if his world fell apart. His whole body felt weak and his vision blurred with tears. He fell on the road on his knees and shouted with all the energy he had left. His cry pierced the air, full of anger, pain and anguish. With a rumble of thunder, it started to rain. The downpour got heavier with lightning forking across the sky, as if the sky too was reflecting upon yibo's immeasurable pain. Tears uncontrollably poured down from his eyes and he made wretching noises as he sobbed his heart out in anger on non other than himself.

 Tears uncontrollably poured down from his eyes and he made wretching noises as he sobbed his heart out in anger on non other than himself

guys really sorry for the short chapter. I promise the next chapter is gonna be big.