CHAPTER TWO

Out of her bathroom after a quick, chilly shower, Naih grabbed her luggage and put it on top of her bed.

Minsook stood silently behind her, hoping that this girl would live her life as she wanted—no blood, just a normal teenage girl.

"What?" she raised a brow, earning a sly smile from him.

"I see you already made up your mind." pertaining to the organized luggage. Naih nodded and sighed.

"Seriously, I wanted to hate this family, but I'm still glad that I existed, but I never wanted to spend my life drawing knives. I, Lim Naih, don't want to be the Ace shit in line." she said, placing her hand on her chest.

"I understand; that's why I'm helping you." he groaned.

"But come to think of it, I merely survived when I was 4. And then you guys trained me at 5. How can a pretty innocent girl draw a knife for the first time at the age of 6? Gosh, I have no decent childhood."

Naih zipped her second bag, standing straight.

"Are they still fighting?" she asked on her earpiece.

[Neo retreated] Hendery answered.

A sheepish smile curled on her face as she looked at her brother.

"Guess what?"

Minsook grinned as he got the idea, commanding their people to check for a possibly alive Neo member for questioning.

"I think I have to go go~" dropping two luggage down, Minsook took off his dove-pendant necklace and put it on his sister's

"Dove means peace. Just so you know, I also wanted to live your life in peace."

With emotions raging up in her, she threw herself into her brother's embrace, as she was sure to miss him every day.

"And just so you know, I wanted to depart with you, but being an Ace chained me here. You'll always be my baby sister." His voice broke at the last sentence.

"I never thought I'd be leaving this house and would drop everything, including our connection."

Naih won't be connected with them now; no communication, no talking, no everything. She needs to change her life—alone.

With the secret, she swore not to be told, even if it cost her her life. The life was at risk, so Naih let go of his embrace.

"Tell dad and Nahyun that I fucking love them even if I'm not close with them."

Minsook chuckled at the comment and nodded.

[Car's ready] Lucas said on the other line.

"I should go."

Minsook adoringly but emotionally pressed his lips against his sister's forehead. Tears dropped down as he looked at her one last time.

"I trust you. I'm proud of you. I'll always love you."

—————

Naih took the secret rail to the parking lot, looking at the mansion one last time as she slid inside the car.

"Are you sure you don't want someone to accompany you, princess?"

"As much as I want to, Lucas, but I trust myself more than others."

Lucas scoffed at her attitude and decided to drive fast yet silent.

—————

"FUCKING WAYV!" Taeyong slammed his hands on his desk, which caused the six boys to flinch.

"Is Renjun okay?"

"Still unconscious, sir." Mark answered.

"You?" he asked, eyeing the injured blue-haired boy.

"This is nothing, sir." Jaemin said, looking at his arm with a sling.

"Who's the least injured?"

All eyes are on the tall boy who's leaning against the door, silently listening to the conversation. Taeyong sighed

"Park Jisung." he called, earning a hum from the boy.

"Lim Naih, track her."

Jisung's lips curled into a smirk—at last he received a mission, which he's more competent with.

"Do I kill?" His deep, husky voice made Chenle lowkey get goosebumps.

"Depends on you."

And with that answer, he stormed out of the room without saying anything.

"We should hold her hostage first." Jeno furrowed his brows.

Taeyong tiredly sat on his desk, his face on his palms, as he shook his head.

"He won't listen anyway."