CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Tantiana High

Naih's skin met the chilly breeze of the wind as she stepped foot on the rooftop.

The sound of the door opening made Jisung flinch in his deep thought, turning back to see a familiar pair of eyes.

Both eyes met each other; both couldn't deny the little happiness and relief they felt, but they denied it.

Jisung is the first one to look away, turning his back again to divert his attention.

"Do you want to be alone?" Naih's voice rang in his ear.

He shook his head in response.

"Well then" she said, walking in his direction and sitting on a bench just a few meters away from him.

The sound of the leaves rustling on the trees, birds chirping, and a chilly wind passing both calmed them down.

Both unexpectedly mind their own business—fighting is not a priority.

Naih kept stealing glances at the boy, standing against the railings. His glasses are comfortably leaning on his nose, his lips are slightly parted, and his eyes are busy wandering.

Her brows furrowed at her action, mentally slapping herself for giving attention to him, but she can't erase the fact that she wants to talk. Being silent with an enemy annoys her

"So.."

"I.."

Both surprised by the situation, their eyes met again. Naih was the one who looked away, and Jisung cleared his throat.

"You got something to talk about?" Jisung voiced out

"Nothing"

"Then what are you trying to say?"

Naih paused for a second and sighed.

"Nothing"

Jisung nodded and dragged his feet across the spot. Body leaning toward the railings, facing her.

"You want to fight?" Naih raised a brow.

The boy wants to, but he doesn't have the nerve to cause a commotion; he's getting tired of it.

"No" he simply answered, which earned a surprise face from the girl, her mouth forming an O.

"Nice of you to give a break to the tired girl." she scoffed, leaning back against the wall.

"I'm tired too, you know."

"Oh" Naih nodded, and the chilly breeze passed her again.

Jisung eyed the girl who's now sniffing and hugging herself; he mentally smiled at the thought that this destructive girl can be as innocent off-track.