CHAPTER TWELVE

Tantiana High

"Hey, see you at lunch." Yangyang quickly said when the bell rang.

"Sure"

Her eyes trailed at the running Yangyang as she chuckled at his innocent appearance. It's quite unbelievable that he's in the top gang.

Naih lazily dragged her feet to her own building, taking the stairs to the lockers, and sighed in relief when her feet made contact with the last step.

"I swear, I regret coming to school,." she groaned, passing the other lockers, and a familiar sight of a tall boy caught her attention.

His presence made Naih wake up from laziness, and she didn't know why.

All she feels is the strength raging up in her, swallowing her tired self.

Shaking her head to face reality, she made her way to her own locker, grabbed her art book, and closed it again.

Her heart skipped a beat when she saw a girl clinging to him, but what she feels is unexplainable: she wants to beat the girl up.

With emotions taking over, her feet dragged her closer to them, her lips forming a wide smile.

"Oh, it's Jiah."

"Jiah, babe, how's your cheek?"

"Jiah, can we be friends?"

As if she's deaf, she practically ignored the crowd, all attention on the duo.

"I see you dyed your hair." she said, causing the boy to look down on her.

His blonde, highlighted black hair has now turned dark red. The sight of her brought all his attention to her. He was honestly shocked that she noticed a simple change.

"Who the hell told you to speak to my man?"

Naih's gaze diverted to the short girl, who's still clinging to his arm. Stepping forward toward the girl, Jisung already knew what was about to come.

"Oh, I'm sorry, but your man doesn't even look like he's happy with it." Naih replied, nudging her head to the girl's arm who's clinging on his.

"I can cling to him whenever I want."

"Sure." Naih trailed her eyes to the boy and was literally surprised when his eyes were already at hers.

"Jisung-ah, make her go away."

Jisung groaned at the flirty sound of her words, doing everything to release the girl's hand—she literally doesn't know her name.

"Should we date, hun? What do you think?" But before she can finish her sentence, Jisung swatted her hand away and rather took Naih's.

The growing crowd hollered, yet Naih's attention was all directed to the male and their clasped hands.

A small smirk formed on Jisung's lips, his arm sneakily pooling around her waist as he pulled her close to him.

"Come on, love. You'll be late."

"What the f—"

Jisung tutted and shook his head in disappointment. "I told you, no cussing. It's not pretty on you."

Naih only scoffed.

She let the male lead her away from the crowd. She momentarily saw the other girl's face contorting in bewilderment.

The moment they're in a secluded corner, Naih doesn't waste a chance to free herself from his hold and pushes him away.

"What do you really want from me, Park Jisung?"

"Chill, love. Your reaction was too priceless!" Jisung laughed.

"Really?" Naih scoffed, Was that fun for you?"

Slowly, his smile faded.

Now they're face-to-face with the same sharp eyes and tension.

"You do know you're a highly wanted person around Neo, right?"

Naih shrugged. "I'm just that important, I guess?"

"Yeah. Just you in our grip will surely turn the tables around."

"Maybe turn it quick if you don't want me to fuck all your plans."

Naih taps his shoulder and whispers in his ear.

"Your girl's close to crying back there. Have a nice date."