CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

UNIT 25

"Now move. He's mine, not yours."

"Oh my god, it stuck on my head. I can't sleep." Jisung groaned and covered his face with a pillow, screaming at it.

"Gosh, I look so crazy." he mumbled, throwing the pillow aside.

He jumped out of bed, slipped on a jacket, and grabbed his unit card.

Straightly walking out of the building, not minding his phone and wallet that are left inside his unit, he is now still wearing slippers, and he doesn't care.

He let out a relieving sigh, arriving at his favorite spot: the cliff.

Jisung just accidentally saw this place while strolling around the area to clear his messed-up mind. He finds this spot dangerous yet relaxing; seeing the moonlight striking the river underneath is just so calming.

Taking a few steps to the main spot, he stopped at the sight.

"Bet I'm not the only one who finds this relaxing." he blurted out, making the other person snap in his direction.

He smiled as he met her shocked eyes.

"Jisung? Why are you still up?"

Naih's eyes trailed on his figure, who's now walking towards her.

"Well, it's not like I'm the only one." he answered, sitting beside her.

"Right" she shrugged and looked at the moon again.

Jisung stared at her peaceful appearance and didn't even want to look away, as he was sure that he could look at her like this for hours, and he didn't mind it.

However, Naih felt his long stares, but what surprised her is that she didn't find them uncomfortable. She finds it so warm and sweet.

Jisung is just having the time of his life, staring at her when he flinched as he met her eyes.

"Oh, I'm sorry, my mind just went blank." Jisung cleared his dried throat and looked at the river instead.

Naih smiled. She felt so secure with Jisung beside her.

Not minding the reality, Naih scooted near him, letting her head fall on his broad shoulders.

Jisung was surprised at the sudden contact, his eyes looking down on her. His lips pulled into a small smile when he saw her eyes closed. Instead, he fixed his posture for Naih to lay more comfortably as she felt sudden tiredness.

"What are we now?"

Naih's eyes snapped open at the sudden question. She tilted her head upward, seeing Jisung's eyes still in front.

"What do you mean?"

Jisung looked down as he felt her stare at him. He smiled.

"Nothing"

Naih pouted, tilting her head down and closed her eyes again

"I mean, we're comfortable with each other, not minding our own gangs. So I asked, what are we now?"

"Hmm friends?"

"Just friends?"

Jisung can't deny the fact that he wants a label more than friends. His possessiveness led him into an unexpected situation, and he doesn't have the nerve to back out. At least once, he wanted to keep a person, even if it's dangerous, but does she feel the same?

"You seem tired. Let's go back home." Naih stood up, trying to drop the topic.

She can't deny the fact that she wants to keep him. Her selfishness is leading her to an unexpected situation, and she doesn't know if she'll continue or back out. But does he feel the same?

You're right. They both have feelings for each other but don't know what to do, mostly asking the same what-if

What if the other doesn't feel the same?

Standing up from his position, Jisung shook his thoughts off and nodded.

"Thanks for letting me rest on your shoulder!"

It's as if she was made of unluckiness when she tripped over a hard rock. Naih tried to keep her balance but collided with someone.

Jisung groaned as his back came into contact with the ground, closing his eyes at the impact.

And as if they both thought that everything was fine—not until their lips collided with something soft.

"OH MY GOD" Naih pulled out, quickly standing and winced at the little pain on her toe.

Jisung is still lying flat on the ground, his eyes widening as his mind goes to space, understanding the whole situation.

"Oh my god, Jisung, I'm sorry." Naih blurted, hands on her mouth.

"Did we just..." Jisung stuttered, looking at the shocked Naih.

As if they both can't accept the fact that they kissed at an unexpected time in an unexpected place.