CHAPTER FIVE

Putting on a black hoodie, a white t-shirt underneath, and white jeans, paired with blue rubber shoes, Naih is now ready to carry on her life as a college student.

Going by her new registered name, Rui Jiah, she felt that she'd been born for the second time.

Stepping outside her room, Naih—now Jiah—grabbed an apple, biting it as she swung the strap of her bag to her shoulder, getting out of her penthouse after making sure that the security was tight.

Tantiana High

The cold bustling of the wind carried her now short brown hair. Adjusting her specs, she steps foot on the large gates of Tantiana High, one hand gripping the bag strap while the other is in her pocket.

A loud banging on the floor greeted her as she walked into the hallway of lockers.

The crowd started to get bigger, and random, unaudible noises made her ears ring.

"Tantiana is amazing" she thought as she remembered her orientation last week about this school of freedom. At least she's not forced to act all pretty and innocent; she can actually fight in here.

Walking past the students' lockers, her eyes landed on her locker, which was being blocked by a certain guy kissing a female student.

She scoffed in annoyance, her eyes madly pitch black, as she walked towards the duo, who was obviously making out in public.

"Mind if you step away?" Naih asked, trying hard to be as soft as possible.

But the guy just looked down on her, minding their height, smirking as he was about to continue kissing the girl again, which made her head fall back in frustration.

"Don't make me repeat it again." Now her tone is as stern as possible.

"Who are you to speak like that?" the guy asked her.

She just whistled at the attention and eyed the female with her smudged lipstick.

"Hey dear, mind if you clean yourself for a bit?" Naih faked a smile, and the student immediately grabbed a mirror from her bag.

"I asked, Who are you?"

"Oh" Naih flinched at the sound of banging, eyes trailing on the guy's hand—now on her locker.

"I'm sorry, but can you move your hand away from my locker?"

The guy gritted his teeth, hands in his pockets, stepping forward toward the girl.

Naih didn't step back; his eyes just remained directly on the guy's.

"I swear, if you don't get out of my sight, I will snap your neck."

To his surprise, Naih just laughed, her hand on her chest.

"Should I be seriously scared right now?" she asked between her laughs.

"Who is she?"

"She looks new, though."

"Ahh, she's dead."

"Girl, run right now."

"Damn, Mark Tuan is so hot."

Her ears rang, listening to the murmurs around her. There, she noticed a large crowd around her, but instead of backing away, she dropped her bag.

The birth of Tantiana!