CHAPTER FORTY

UNIT 26

Naih slumped on the couch the moment she stopped at the spot.

Her bag was on the floor, shoes flew everywhere, and a hoodie was on the other couch.

A beep on the door was heard not long after, and the sight of Yangyang appeared.

"Oh my" he saw a shoe on the doorstep, and its pair in the living room.

Mentally cussing, Yangyang picked up her shoes and placed them on the shoe rack. He also placed her bag and hoodie properly on the other couch.

He then stopped in front of the absent-minded Naih.

"I swear, Lim Naih, I could disown you if I had a chance."

"Sure" she simply replied, which made Yangyang whine in frustration.

"Cook dinner, I'm lazy." Naih said.

"You could've just ordered earlier or text me to order outside." Yangyang answered.

"I'm lazy"

And that left Yangyang with no choice, stomping his feet away to his room and cooking right after he got changed.

"I swear I should've hung out with Chenle until midnight." Yangyang scoffed, remembering Chenle asking him out because he also didn't want to go home.

Naih blankly stared at her ceiling and sighed for the nth time.

A good four days had passed with Jisung being extra sweet to her. Not to deny it, but her feelings are growing, and she can't control them. As much as she wants to shrug it off, ignore the boy, or even deny her feelings, her actions can't.

She wants Jisung by her side. She was fully aware of the boy's effect on her. She wants to be selfish and just take him, but the idea of being in different gangs is making her worried.

"Ya Lim Minsook. At times like this, you should punch me square on my jaw or even fire your gun at this filthy heart of mine. Then take it and place it in a jar or something."

—————

UNIT 25

"But Chenle, I like her."

[I know. I'm not dumb.]

Jisung basically bugged Chenle and called him between his peaceful sleep at 2 AM.

Chenle, being a nice best friend, cursed at him the moment he answered— yup, that's him being nice.

"What should I do? I don't think she likes me back."

[You silly little fucking dumb and dense shit, she likes you, so please let me sleep.]

"You should thank the heavens and hell that I'm in a good mood, Zhong Chenle."

[Ugh, Jisung, spare me, please. I'm so fucking tired.]

"You think she likes me?"

[For the billionth time, yes! And yes, Yangyang told me that, now bye]

"Wait, Liu Yangyang? How did you meet?"

[Ugh, I'll tell you tomorrow—I mean, later gosh, it's 2 AM!"

"Hehe, okay, Chenle, sleep tight."

[THANK YOU, SHIT!

"DON'T CURSE"

The call ended.

Jisung frowned, throwing his phone beside him, and deeply sighed.

"Does she really like me back?"

"Well, I think I'm doing a good job treating her." Jisung chuckled at the thought and decided to go to sleep.