CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

The adrenaline rush lingers on both nerves; they don't even realize that they're now running hand-in-hand, fingers intertwined with each other.

Jisung's grip tightened as they were nearing the building, but Naih was so focused on the road that she couldn't feel it. She just felt something warm enclosing her small hand, and it just felt right.

Jisung and Naih stormed inside the building and immediately got in the elevator.

"Shit, that feels great." Naih mumbled between her pants.

"I haven't run like this for awhile." Jisung added as they both checked on each other.

With the adrenaline slowly calming, Naih's eyes landed on her hand, just to see that it wasn't just hers. Trailing the sight of the hand to the arms and eventually to the tall boy's face, her eyes widened, making Jisung surprised.

"What?"

Naih gulped and stared back at their intertwined hands.

Jisung gasped and quickly let go, but a pout plastered on his face as he was sure that the warmth of her hand actually calmed him down.

"Jisung-ah"

"Oh?"

"I"

TING!

"Huh, sorry, what was that again?" Jisung was unable to hear her as the elevator sound overpowered it.

She just shrugged and stepped out of the elevator first, and he eventually followed.

Naih just wants to ask why Jisung stormed in here without a second thought—did he track her?

"Naih, what is it?" Jisung is somewhat curious as to why she's spacing out all of a sudden.

He doesn't know; he just wants to know.

"Answer me, why are you here?" Naih seriously asked, making Jisung gasp in surprise.

Right, she doesn't know that I live here.

"Jisung?"

"I live here."

"You what? Doesn't Neo have a house?"

"We have, but I'm tired of dealing with their faces the moment I wake up." Jisung cleared his throat and turned his back, walking in the direction of his unit.

"Wait! Are you sure you didn't trail behind me and planned this time all along to kidnap me?"

And there it hit Jisung—so hard.

The memory of him spotting Naih at the airport, walking for long, tiring hours trailing behind her, following her along to this building, taking the penthouse unit 25, smiling evilly that he's that close to killing her—what happened to it now?