CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

The sound of the elevator brought Jisung back to reality. He slowly walked through the hallways, his mind still in space as certain words surrounded him.

Not minding his way, he flinched at the sudden contact on his wrist, looking forward.

"Naih-ah"

"Is something bothering you?"

He blinked twice, trying to analyze the situation, when a sudden chuckle interrupted him.

"Did you just ring the doorbell absent-minded?"

"I did?" Jisung asked, pointing at himself, and the girl nodded in her giggles.

"Well, since you're here, you might as well join me for dinner."

Jisung didn't get a chance to answer since he just got dragged inside. He placed his shoes aside and stepped into the living room.

"You can wear these slippers. It's Yangyang's." she said while placing the slippers in front of him.

"Thank you." he smiled, and gladly wore it.

Yangyang went back to China for a WayV meeting and will be gone for a week.

They happily ate, sharing some random conversations. Teasing each other and sharing some life backgrounds Jisung got to know how Naih became a professional assassin, not to mention that she also trained to be a spy, and he's really surprised about it.

"Well, Ji, where were you?"

Naih saw how his smile disappeared. His bright aura became serious, his brows knitted, and his lower lips trembled.

Placing her hand on top of his, she then showed a warm smile when the boy looked at her.

"Naih?"

"Hm?"

"Can you promise me one thing?"

"What is that?"

Jisung gulped and positioned his hand; now their fingers were intertwined.

"Promise me that you'll kill every Neo out of the way without thinking twice.. even me."

Naih's brows furrowed. If this is a joke, then he successfully got her. But he didn't look like he was joking.

"Jisung, what was that?"

"Please just promise me."

"I won't. Not until you'll tell me everything. Is this a mission?"

Jisung didn't let go of his hand; instead, his grip tightened.

"I received a report about a certain girl in Tantiana High."

All eyes now land on the seven boys, whose eyes are also at each other.

"Someone must've looked like Lim Naih. I want you all to roam around the campus and bring the girl here."

Jisung's hardly swallowed the lump on his throat, hiding his shaky hand on his lap.

"Jisung?"

"Yeah?"

"Lead the team."

"Jisung.."

He pulled the girl beside him and pressed his lips on hers without a warning.

He pulled away after a few seconds, and tears flowed from his eyes.

"No, Ji, don't cry, please." Naih softly said, wiping his tears away.

"It's just that.. I don't want to get you in trouble. I don't mind getting beaten, but not you."

"Jisung Park. Sure, GOT7 had a chance to beat me up, but it'll never happen again, especially with Neo. Yes, I will kill them on the way, and no, I won't do it to you."

"But Naih-"

"No buts. I'm not listening anyway."

Jisung sighed in defeat and nodded. He wiped his tears and sipped on his water.

"I will try very hard not to get us in trouble."

Naih smiled at these warm thoughts and ran her fingers through the boy's hair.

"Jisung-ah, trouble is my middle name. I don't mind getting in trouble with you. That is, if we'll fight together."

Naih cooed when his slips pulled up in a smile.

"I will"

They spent another hour together before Jisung went back to his unit. As much as he wants to spend the night—since he already did before—Naih insisted that nothing will happen to her and that she's always ready to kill someone.

Staring at the ceiling, a question suddenly popped into her mind.

"What are we now?" she mumbled.

They're both not strangers talking to each other; are they friends? Are friends hugging and kissing comfortably? Best friends? No, she hates that title.

"Is he my boyfriend now?"

But they didn't declare their relationship yet.

All it takes is for one of them to ask, and the other will accept. But when?