CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO

Jisung happily stepped outside the elevator, excitement lingering in his nerves.

His hand gripped two buckets of chicken, and the other gripped his phone.

Skipping his way past Unit 24, then his own Unit, stopping at the certain unit that made his heart beat fast.

He furrowed his brows at the sudden pace and shrugged it off. Maybe he's just so excited. But why does he feel a sudden nervousness?

Again, he shrugged it off and typed the passcode of Naih's unit, which is his birthday: 020502.

He just finds it sweet whenever he's encoding the passcode.

"LOVE, I'M-"

Jisung froze on his spot. Not even blinking, not even taking a breath.

An unexpected sight greeted him.

The floors have stains of blood everywhere. The whole living room is a mess. The curtains are ripped, the glasses are shattered, and tulip petals are scattered.

Gulping nervously, he took a step inside, his eyes roaming around.

Maybe someone just trespassed and Naih killed him, but no, his heart raced due to nervousness, and he can't shrug it off.

"N-Naih? Love?" His voice was shaky as his eyes began to get blurry.

"LOVE? PLEASE ANSWER ME, WHERE ARE YOU?"

He looked around. Every room, every corner, everywhere. Even little holes—call him crazy, but maybe a fairy turned her into Thumbelina—but no.

No Naih. Not even a shadow.

His phone suddenly rang. He first hesitated to answer after seeing Taeyong's name.

He cleared his throat and placed his phone in his ear.

[To the house]

And the following words made his figure fall.

[We have Naih.]

—————

Opening her eyes, she started to wince because of the pain in her head and the tingling feeling in her arm.

Her eyes are heavy enough to fully open. She can only open it halfway but curses the moment her vision is still blurry.

"Lead, she's awake."

Lead? She thought as her mind wavered at the only person she knows who owns this name.

"Glad to see you in my hands, Lim Naih."

Naih scoffed and looked up. Her clear vision greeted the very familiar sight of the tall, well-built man sitting in front of her.

"I'm always praying for this time to come. The deities really favor me."

But instead of being threatened, Naih laughed, which made the man furrow his brows.

"Gosh, it's always nice to hear your voice, Park Chanyeol."

Chanyeol gritted his teeth, walked towards her, and harshly grabbed her hair.

"Pity you" he said, and he slapped her really hard.

Naih winced in pain at the burning heat on her cheek.

Chanyeol turned back, walking away, twirling the keys on his finger.

"You know, I hate the fact that you made my son weak."

"Well yeah, thanks to your son, I knew what love is."

Chanyeol laughed and faced her

"You've been beaten, slapped, punched, chained, and all, but you still have the guts to talk back?"

"Of course, Lead, this is the great Lim Naih you're talking with."

"Well, let's see if you can open that filthy mouth of yours on the brink of death."

Death.. yeah

Am I really going to die?

—————

[PARK JISUNG!? JISUNG IS N-]

"Hyung..", Jisung bitterly chuckled and harshly wiped his tears

[JISUNG, TELL ME SHE'S FINE!]

"Hyung. They have her."