CHAPTER NINETEEN

Tantiana High

The ringing of the bell made the students groan in relief, some yawning and some stretching their hands.

"Okay, don't forget that we'll be having a quiz tomorrow." the professor said, and he walked out of the lab.

"Nice to finally see you paying attention to class." Donghyuck voiced out while putting his things inside the bag.

"Well, I wanted to pass." Naih answered, standing up after turning off the system unit.

"Where are you going?"

"What's the sudden question?" Naih's brow raised.

"Uh nothing?"

"Good" she quickly replied and stormed out of the lab.

Naih finally stepped out of their building, directly walking to where her feet dragged her, only to feel something or someone trailing behind her.

As if her senses and assassination nerves had activated, the name Neo popped into her mind—they're tracking her.

She thought of the only place inside Tantiana she could possibly kill as her eyes wandered around.

"Yangyang, meet me in the karate field at 20." she said on her earpiece.

"Got it" he answered after a few seconds.

The door flung open, and the sound of Naih's footsteps echoed in the dark, empty hall. Not long after, she grinned, hearing another set of footsteps trailing behind her.

She stopped in the middle of the punching bags, still on her back.

"Are you sure you wanted to live?" she voiced out, but didn't get an answer.

She waited another few seconds, but her nerves were already aching to fling her knives.

She turned around after a minute of silence and found a very familiar pair of eyes, which made her's widened.

They both stood there, silent.

The boy didn't have the nerve to advance to her, as he was greeted with her deadly, pitch-black eyes; however, he's not stunned, scared, or anything.

"What do you want?" Naih sounded sterner than before.

"I wanted to clear my feelings."

"Your feelings?"

"You know." He slowly walked towards her, making Naih step back. Her right hand came into contact with her knife in her back pocket.

"They're constantly triggering me about some random shit, thinking that you're my girlfriend."

"Oh well, you should be honored with that thought."

"Should I? I could barely block you from my mind, and it triggers me to say that I'm starting to like you."