eight

October 31, 2017
Halloween

IT WAS SELENE'S BIRTHDAY AND SHE WAS STILL ASLEEP IN HER HOTEL AT ELEVEN O' CLOCK IN THE MORNING.

Mitch quietly opened the door with the hotel card, making Harry furrow his eyebrows.

"How did you get a key?" he asked quietly as the light on the door turned green. Mitch placed the card back into his pocket.

"She gave me one in case she overslept or something," he muttered. It wasn't a complete lie. In reality, she had given him one in case she had an panic attack and she couldn't open the door for him to get in.

The two had woke up early to surprise the woman in efforts to cheer her up. The last few tour dates they had noticed she was quieter than usual. She had kept to herself and was always stuck up in her writing journal. The two walked in; Harry closing the door softly behind him. Mitch placed the small strawberry shortcake that was in his hand on the table and then turned his head to the sleeping Selene. Her hair curly hair was spiraled all over the pillow and it covered part of her face. Her mouth was slightly open, a few small breaths being heard. Her arms snuggled the pillow, making her seem innocent like.

"Now I don't even want to wake her up," Harry muttered as he crossed his arms.

"3... 2... 1...," Mitch counted down as he sat on the bed. "Happy Birthday to you," they both started, Mitch softly shaking her. Her eyes opened and she softly groaned. She was not a morning person. Especially after she stayed up until three in the morning, writing songs. She sat up and pushed her hair out of her face.

"How old are you?" Mitch sung, making her smile.

"22!" she let out, punching her fist upward. The fist droopily came down as she let out an yawn. Harry walked over to the table and grabbed the cake container, handing it to Selene.

"Thank you guys. I would've probably just stayed in today," she said as she opened the container, grabbing the fork that was in it.

"Did you stay up late last night?" Mitch asked. She jokingly rolled her eyes.

"What are you? My parents now?" she laughed. Mitch raised his eyebrows, making her sigh.

"I stayed up until like three. I had to finish up a few songs I was working on," she let out as she took a bite out of the cake. "Holy shit where did you get this from?" she mumbled.

"There was a cake place across the street," Harry answered.

"What are you thinking about doing?" Mitch asked.

"I think i'm going to get some tattoos," she responded back.

"Do you have any?"

"I have one on my back."

A smirk rose onto Mitch's face. "Can I see-"

"Yeah I think it's time for both of y'all to go," Selene smiled as she got out of the bed. She placed the cake into the nightstand and shooed them to the door.

"I didn't say anything," Harry whined.

"Mhm. Yeah, okay. I have to take a shower but i'll let you two know when i'm done okay," she said as she closed the door, not letting them get a chance to say anything else.