forty four

SELENE LAID IN BED THE NEXT DAY, HER EYES ON THE CEILING FAN THAT WAS SPINNING.

She hadn't came out of her room; let alone get out of bed. She hadn't even ate— the woman skipping both dinner and breakfast. Everyone was worried. When they all came back, they heard loud sobs from her room and something breaking. That something was her lamp on the nightstand. She didn't mean to. She had pushed the drawer in harshly, causing the lamp's lightbulb to shatter. There was also a dent in the wall but she didn't care.

Steve had tried to check up on her once they heard the commotion but her door was locked. She was thankful that they cared enough to do so.

She had gotten a total of thirteen calls from Harry and forty seven text messages. Her phone rung again, the guitarist turning her head to face it. Fourteen. She sighed and sat up, her finger hovering over the green answer button.

She pressed it, a silence filling the room.

"Selene?"

She wasn't going to talk. She couldn't bring herself to. Selene knew that as she opened her mouth, a flood of tears would start.

"Selene I don't know if either you can't hear me of your just not speaking but i'm so fucking sorry. I'm not cheating with Camille. I wouldn't do that to you. I want to explain it to you in person," he started. Selene felt her eyes water again.

"I'm also sorry for what else I said. I didn't think of how it sounded before hand. Your not an sob story and you will never be one. I'm so fucking sorry Le."

Selene sniffed as she hung up. The guitarist wrapped herself in her in the black blankets. She didn't even want to hear him in the moment. Selene didn't know how much time passed before she heard knocking on the door.

"Selene? You have to get out of that room of your bed today," Jack said through the door.

"No I don't," she muffled. He sighed.

"Selene... Your not doing this again."

"Doing what?"

"Shutting everyone out. You need to eat. Either you you unlock the door or we'll get the key to unlock it."

She groaned and stood up, her arms moving to fix the tank top that she had wore to sleep. There was no need to cause a scene like that. She unlocked the door and opened it, Jack's eyes wandering over her face to make sure she was okay.

Her eyes were still red, dark bags forming under her eyes. Her hair was frizzy, her curls practically everywhere. Her septum piercing was crooked also. Jack's eyes looks behind her, his eyes widening.

"There's a hole in the wall," he pointed out. Selene let her head fall down.

"Sorry."

He shook his head. "Don't apologize. We can fix it later. It's fine."

He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and bring her closer as they walked to the living room. "Where is everyone?" she asked.

"Uh, Sabrina and Jade went to go get something to eat for all of us and Steve is in his room," he answered.

"I'm not hungry," she said softly.

"You need to eat."

The two heard Steve's door open— both of their heads turning. Steve softly smiled as he made his way to the two, his arm wide open. Jack moved away from Selene and let the two hug. "What happened yesterday?"

She sighed. "It was just an argument..." she said, her voice muffled due to her face being in his chest. "Just an argument?"

She nodded as she let go. "Yeah... I'll be fine."