fifty six

January 25, 2020

SELENE AND HARRY SPENT NEW YEARS IN LA, THE TWO HOSTING A SMALL PARTY AT HARRY'S APARTMENT.

Mitch and Sarah both flew over, the two dropping Caden over to Anne's before they left. Selene invited Steve and Tyler while Harry invited his other friends who stayed nearby. Selene had a lot of fun and so did everyone else. The party wrapped up at around three in the morning— the only people staying being Sarah and Mitch since they decided to sleep in the guest room.

Eventually, Mitch and Sarah went back to London. Both Harry and Selene's schedule was free the first few days of January so the two ended up going on small adventures in the city. Selene's favorite was when they hiked and then went to get ice cream right after. The couple had been spotted a couple of times but they didn't really care that much.

In the middle of January, Harry filmed the music video for Watermelon Sugar in Malibu. Selene joined on set and watched as he just had fun while filming. She had met some of the models and they were really nice.

Now, Selene was on her way to the set since she had been in his trailer for the majority of the time. Filming for Falling was difficult since there were a lot of safety measures they had to make before Harry sat down to film. The most important one was making sure that the water was hot enough so he wouldn't get hypothermia since it was already cold outside.

She tucked her hands into her sweatshirt pocket as she neared the set. There were a lot of lights out so it made it easier to get there without getting lost. She looked around— a lot of crew members running around.

"Selene!" Jeff called out. Selene's eyes trailed over to him— the manager having two cups in his hand. She smiled and walked over to him. The two had developed a friendship through Harry so whenever the two saw each other on set, one or the other was buying either drinks or food for each other.

Selene took the hot chocolate from out of his hand and hugged him, the manager wrapping his free hand around her. "How have you been?" he asked— the two starting to walk closer to set.

"Pretty good. My schedule has been free this entire month so I haven't done anything," she said as she pulled away from the hug.

"Do you have to go to LA any next month?" Jeff questioned, Selene nodding. "Just don't know when. I have to go work with Anderson Paak."

"We have a few shows next month so just let either me or Harry know when you have to leave."

"I'm not missing any shows. If any scheduling problems happen i'll just reschedule with Anderson," she sighed. Jeff raised an eyebrow.

"Are you sure?"

She knew that he was just making sure she was doing what was best for her. Neither him or Harry wanted to hold her from doing her job. If Selene was honest, being in Harry's band had started to become her most important job to her. She already started to pull back on a lot of ghostwriting. She had cancelled a lot of sessions, spaced out her entire schedule, and temporarily stopped having openings for artist. Selene didn't want to tell Harry because she knew that he would feel like it was his fault.

"I'm sure. I don't think it would clash though."

Selene's eyes trailed over to the man-built set that was absolutely gorgeous. They hadn't put it in water yet so it was safe to walk on. Selene quickly glanced at Jeff, the older man nodding. "Thank you," she quietly said as she stepped onto the set. The tiled floor was a mix of two colors— a beige and dark, pastel blue. The art details on the wall was beautiful. Selene bent down as she looked at the golden artwork that was etched on the piano. She stood back up and walked over to the window that was done to seem cracked and chipped.