sixty

SELENE MOVED SLIGHTLY IN HER SLEEP, HARRY SOFTLY RUBBING HER BACK.

It was three in the morning and Harry couldn't fall asleep. He was too worried about Selene having another nightmare. Her head was tucked into his bare chest, her arms wrapped tightly around his torso. After the two's small argument, Harry apologized, Selene telling him that he didn't have to. He still did though which she was grateful for. She spent most of the night in the library reading until she got tired. She came back to their room at around 12am, Harry already in the room watching Tv. She went to sleep at around 12:30am— Harry turning off the Tv so she could sleep.

He had wondered if this was how Selene felt when he was at his low. She was coping the only way she knew to which was keeping everything bottled up. Harry tried his best to be there for her and he knew that it was going to be a while before she completely opened up to him.

Selene stirred in her sleep slightly, Harry moving his head slightly to make sure she was okay. His hand out of habit roamed to her face— his thumb rubbing over her soft skin. He closed his eyes and let out a soft breath before pulling Selene closer to his body. He really needed to go to sleep. A few minutes passed by— the sound of Selene's soft breathing being the only thing that could be heard in the room. Harry was half asleep by now, his chin on top of her head. He moved to be more comfortable before completely falling asleep.

Everything was fine for a while. The two slept quietly. Caden had wondered into the room, the dog jumping onto the bed and laying down at the end of it. Selene's air from her nose softly hit Harry's chest.

Selene looked around at the scenery. Her eyes on the glass that pierced her skin. She slightly squinted her eyes as a flashlight was shined into her face. She placed her only movable hand over her eyes before speaking up. "H-Hello?" she breathed out. Her eyes were focused on the blood dripping down from her arm.

The person didn't speak at all— the flashlight still in her face. She turned her head and winced. "Can you please get me out of here?" she asked quietly. The person didn't even move. All Selene could hear was the breathing of the stranger. The guitarist closed her eyes tightly, flashes of the car accident repeating. This wasn't how it happened.

"S-Something is wrong. Please, get me out of here!" she cried out. She turned back to the stranger, her hand moving the flashlight away from her face. Her eyes widened at the dark haired man crouching down in front of her.

"Harry?"

Harry stood up, the flashlight dropping from his hands. "Harry!" she screamed as she watched him walk away from her. Her hands moved to the seatbelt that was restraining her from any movement. She groaned as she unbuckled it, blood all of her hands. She had to get out of this car.

Selene crawled out, glass getting stuck in her hands. Her vision was blurry from the tears that were starting to fall down. "Harry..." she breathed out. Once she was fully out of the car, she could see him standing in the middle of the road, a car heading towards him from behind him.

"No no no Harry! Behind you!"

"Selene wake up," Harry comforted as she squirmed in her sleep. It was 4:45 in the morning. His hand softly glided across her cheek out of comfort. He had learned to be more gentle when she had a nightmare so he wouldn't freak her out when she woke up.

The younger woman's eyes opened sharply, the hazel eyes scanning Harry's body. "Your okay Selene," he whispered as she sat up. Her arms wrapped themselves around him— a sob breaking through her mouth. He hugged her and closed his eyes. "I've got you."