Chapter 23

Soobin let out a satisfied groan, stretching his now strong and blueish scales as the small remora fish cleaned them for him.

Even though he had a rough start at the Tribe of Water, Soobin had been treated very well, he'd been fed lots of marine creatures like. . . Shrimp, oysters, squids, crabs, and so much more! And oh boy, were they way better and more delicious than the tuna and the raw chicken mixed with blood he had been used to eating at the facility.

That also been one of the reasons why his scales had taken a colorless gray hue instead of the vibrant colors that were similar to Minho's or Hyunjin's. He'd been "malnourished", that's how Yoongi had called it. . . The lack of sea water had also been a problem.

But now he was gaining some of his coloration back and his scales didn't itch or hurt, or flickered anymore. He was getting healthier and healthier. . . And that was because of Yoongi's and Water Tribe's kindness. . . Heck, even Lia had apologized to him by bringing him an octopus to eat all by himself!

Minho chuckled, rolling onto his back so the small fish could clean his chest. "Relaxing, huh?"

"Yeah," Soobin smiled cheekily before groaning once more. "Very."

"Can you stop that? It's weird." Hyunjin, who had been quietly eating shrimp while letting the remora clean his teeth, let out hissed. But that comment only sent Minho on a mission to annoy the 17-year old as he began groaning non-stop.

"Stoooop, I'm gonna lose my appetite!"

"Well, if you don't want it," Soobin's head shot up. "Can I have it?" He then smiled shyly. "I didn't have any breakfast yet. . ."

"Sure. Eat it up." Hyunjin said, pushing his shrimp towards Soobin as the 19-year old unsheathed his teeth and devoured his prey without mercy. 

Soobin clapped his hands chewing happily. "Thank you Hyunie~"

After hearing that one of his Dongsaengs was hungry, Minho sat up which made making the remora fish swim away due to their reflexes. "I haven't eaten either. . ." He let out a yawn. "You guys wanna go seal hunting?"

Hyunjin and Soobin shot their heads toward him, their mouths watering at the thought of sinking their teeth into the soft and fresh meat of a seal as they nodded their heads quite aggressively.

"Aight, follow the expert!" Minho said, but before the three males could swim away, a voice was heard. 

"Hey, wait up!" 

Soobin and Hyunjin turned their heads around as they saw Lia swimming towards them, her pretty hair flowed beautifully against the water and her purple scales shone brightly against the slight bit of light that filtered through the water. 

"You guys are not lazing around, where are you guys going?" She asked, her brow arching with curiosity.

"We're going hunting," Minho explained looking over at Hyunjin and Soobin who shook their heads and made crosses with their arms, begging him not to invite her. But Minho couldn't give two flying cods. "Wanna join us?"

"Well," Lia looked over at Soobin, noticing that his gray and colorless scales were finally taking some color, a dull hue of blue and a bit of indigo were starting to be more noticeable. The 19-year old's eyes and hair was starting to change color too. "If Hyuinjun and Soobin are going then I might as well go too."

Minho nodded as Hyunjin and Soobin both suppressed a groan of frustration. Don't get him wrong, Soobin knew that Lia was probably a good syren, but he just didn't trust her yet. Maybe it was because he'd been raised with four other boys, but it just felt weird around her. . . Plus, Minho and Hyunjin were basically his comfort zones after leaving his friends behind.