chapter two

"Y/n." I heard my mother call from downstairs. I didn't move, still too tired to open my eyes. I spent the whole night thinking- well, overthinking, actually. I kept wondering why Rafe chose me to play the part of his girlfriend. He could've gotten anyone from Figure Eight to be his fake girlfriend. After a few minutes of trying to find an answer to this question, the events of my birthday party popped up in my mind. Of course I was his first choice, I owed him after all.

    The sound of my mother calling my name once again made me get up and leave my room, still dressed in my pajamas. I found her in the kitchen, pouring coffee in three cups. My eyebrows furrowed at the third cup, was someone here?

"What's with the third cup?" I'd asked her. She jumped at my words, not expecting me to have come so quickly downstairs.

"Someone's waiting for you in the living room." She smiled at my confused expression, nodding towards the hallway that lead to our living room.

    "It's like 11 a.m. Who would rather choose to be here than to sleep?" I mumbled as I walked past her. She laughed at my words, following me with her eyes, waiting to see my reaction.

    As I made eye contact with the boy sitting on one of the couches, I scoffed, stopping in the doorway. 

    "Good morning, beautiful." Rafe said as he stood up, walking in my direction.

    "It's too early for this." I grumbled. He smiled as he put his arm around my shoulders, pulling me to the couch he was just sitting on. "What are you doing here?" I asked as he got his phone out, sending a message.

    "I wanted to go out, so I-"

    "Don't you have friends?" I cut him off, my words making him raise his eyebrows.

    "Of course I do." He scoffed. "But if you would've let me continue, I'd have told you that it'd be the best opportunity to make our relationship official." I glared at him, he knew I'd have to accept if my mom heard him. I blankly stared at him for a few seconds, not finding this situation as fun as him. The glint in his eyes and the slight smirk gave away how amused he was.

"Come on, then." I said as I nodded my head towards the kitchen. He was walking beside me as my mother handed us our cups. When we reached my room, I sat down on my bed, waiting for him to follow my action. To my confusion, he continued standing in front of the door.

"Are you going to sit, or..." He cut me off.

"We need to find something believable to tell everyone." His eyes clouded, making me avert my gaze from his.

"We got stupidly drunk at my birthday party and we hooked up." I shrugged, this was the first thing that came to my mind.

"You're a virgin, Y/n." My eyes widened at his words, not expecting him to say that.

"I- I am not." I tried to keep my calm, not wanting him to know the truth. The laugh that escaped his lips told me that he saw through my lie.

"I know for a fact that you are." He said confidently.

"How? Oh my God, don't tell me you've checked!" I gasped dramatically, my hands covering my lap. The laughter I'd received in response made me smile.

"No, I just heard you talking with Sarah." I rolled my eyes, of course he listened to our conversations. "And it's not like people don't know that you're still a virgin. So we can't use your idea." He continued.

"Maybe I'd lost it with you." I said, my words making him meet my gaze. I was feeling so insecure, but I was trying my best to hide it.

"Yeah, because getting drunk and loosing your virginity while hooking up with your best friend's brother is something you'd do." I furrowed my eyebrows at his words, did he think I was some kind of a saint? I crossed my arms as I pursed my lips.

"Why not?" He kept eye contact, his eyes constantly searching mine. He scoffed at my question.

"You've never even had a boyfriend, Y/n. Be realistic." I stood up, my fists aggressively holding onto my pajamas.

"And yet I accepted to do this fake crap with you."

"That's because I could never like you that way and you know it. It would always feel fake." I closed my eyes, hoping I could tune him out. "And besides, you owe me big time." I made my way towards him.

"You're right, Rafe." You're always fucking right." I said as I pushed my finger into his chest with every word. "Now you should leave." I pushed him out of the way, my hand opening the door.

"But we-"

"I don't care what you tell them. Just leave." He nodded and turned his back to me, leaving me alone in my room.

I made my way back to my bed. As I put a pillow over my face, I felt tears spill out of my eyes. I was thankful that I fell asleep quickly after, my only coping mechanism being the land of my dreams.

Author's Note: Hi everyone!! This part is veryy dramatic, but I love angst so what can I do? I had an idea a few days ago. What if you guys left me some prompts to use in the next chapters? I prefer more dramatic line, but anything could work. I love a bit of a challenge!! Hope you enjoyed this chapter, sorry it was so short!!